Neighbour

-----✪-----

-----✪-----

Living a life in Bucharest has been hard since you left home from New York. You had been keeping a low profile so that your family wouldn't bother to contact you during your time in Romania.

However, you were slowly starting to struggle after having to drop out of university. It was too much money and people were going to catch onto your fake name at some point. You had been working at a small market place, selling fruit at cheap prices.

Your apartment was based in a small and ruff looking apartment complex. It was only cheap and that was the main reason you were staying there in the first place. Other people were only staying so that they didn't get caught selling drugs, caught cheating on their partners, on the run or for the same reason you were.

You never really made many friends in Bucharest as you weren't really the social type. The only things you would do is sell fruit, shop for groceries and write in your journal which didn't have much in after moving away from your family.

But recently, you had been wanting to get out more and actually have a conversation with your customers. The main reason for that was because your boss/only friend was telling you that you were missing chances to make possible future lovers. Only one guy sparked your interest and that was your neighbour but mostly known as the guy who always buys plums. But also because it's good to make a relationship with your customers so they come back again.

He looked like he was keeping a low profile with the way he dresses, always has gloves on, doesn't really speak much and always tries to keep to himself. You had never really spoken to him unless he was asking if you had any plums in stock or when you next would. You didn't think he even knew you were his neighbour as you never really caught him leaving or entering his apartment.

What you didn't know is that he knew exactly who you were and was keeping an eye on you because he felt like you were special. The only reason why he brought plums from you instead of any other market was so that he could see you. You didn't know that though and probably never would.

-----

Today was the first day of October and most people were excited for Halloween but you were one of the people that weren't. It wasn't really traditional for some people so they didn't celebrate it but others just did it for fun. You dragged yourself out the single bed that was made out of metal bars with a small mattress on top with the springs nearly popping out. You were used to getting barley any sleep because of it but now it's just so natural for you.