Chapter One

In a dark void, two figures can be seen rising up off of the ground. "Where am I?" Said one of the figures. He was a very tall man with long silver hair and blue eyes that had an odd tri-pronged symbol in them. He also had six wings on his back. He was clad in a white robe that included shoulder pads. " Mael? Is that you?" The other figure stepped into what little light was present and it was too revealed to be a man. This man was about as tall as the man now identified as Mael. He had short brown hair and a very large and thick mustache. He was dressed in golden armor that had a hole in the back of it that looked to be caused by a very strong attack. This hole revealed a lion tattoo. This man was Escanor. The Lion Sin of Pride. "Escanor? Why are you here?" Mael asked. "I don't know. All I can remember was that we were fighting against the Demon King.

I used the rest of my life force and as a result... I died." Escanor responded as tears slowly began to make their way down Escanor's face. As he then realized, he would no longer be able to see his beloved Merlin again." I see. So you died as well?" Mael asked as his face showed a sad expression. "What do you mean as well?" Escanor asked. "While you were battling the Demon King on Earth, his army invaded heaven. We were able to keep them at bay for a while. That is... until The demon king's five commanders joined the fray. Me and a few other archangels were able to hold them off for the time being, but our magic levels were rapidly decreasing for reasons that I don't understand. Because of this, they were able to overpower us, and eventually... kill us." Mael said this with a sad expression on his face. "So, if we both died, then where are we now?" As Escanor asked this, a bright light started to shine. It was so bright that Escanor and even Mael were almost blinded.

But then, as the light started to dim, Escanor and Mael looked in the direction of the light and were able to see another figure in the distance. This figure was indescribable. All they could see were his golden eyes. They were about to question his identity before he spoke. "I am the Supreme Being. I've watched your lives and have seen that you both fought valiantly to the end to protect your world. It is because of this show of determination and strength, that I have decided to reincarnate you into another vessel. However, it seems there is only one available. It is a young boy who is soon to be born. That means that you would have to share." Mael and Escanor considered this as the Supreme Being continued to describe the world they would enter. Once he finished his explanation, Escanor and Mael asked if they would keep their powers. "Ah yes. One of you would be able to keep the power of Sunshine. But one will not. Because of this, I have created a power similar to that of Sunshine. It is called Moonlight."

The Supreme being then went on to explain how Moonlight would work relatively similar at night to how Sunshine works in the day with the only difference being that where Sunshine offers more power than speed, Moonlight, whilst still giving power, gives more speed. "Escanor shall be the one to wield Moonlight while Mael will wield Sunshine." As he says this,the tattoo on Escanor's back began to change until it was no longer a lion, but a black panther. However, the Supreme being realized that the lion had sentimental value so he made an exact copy and placed it on his shoulder. Once Escanor understood how his new power worked, the Supreme Being started to disappear. "It is time for you to start your new life in the World Of Black Clover!!" Understanding this, Escanor and Mael nodded before they two disappeared. They then appeared in a place similar to the void that they previously resided in. However before either of them could say anything, they heard crying. They looked out into the distance as they seemed to be viewing what someone else was seeing.

Two babies no older than a few weeks can be seen on the steps of a church in a small village called Hage. Out of the church stepped a tall man with grey hair. "Well what do we have here? To think that someone would leave two babies outside in the dead of night. Well, let's not keep you two out here any longer." The man proceeded to pick up the two baskets that the babies were laid in and took them into the church. He placed them on the table in order to get a better look at them. He wondered if they were twins but eventually tossed that theory aside when he saw that one of the boys' hair was black, while the others was silver. The one with the black hair was clutching onto a necklace with a cross pattern in the center. Upon examining their clothes, he could see that their clothing had their names embroidered on it. "So, the silver haired one is Asta and the other is Yuno. Well Asta, Yuno, my name is Father Orsi. But you can call me Father. You two may not be related by blood, but I will raise you both as brothers.