Chapter 5

When Asta woke the next morning, it was around four in the morning. Over the years, he made a habit of waking early in the morning to train. He had gotten a tour of the headquarters the night before and already knew were the training grounds were. But seeing as how his power is to great, he decided on finding an isolated area to train by himself. He started by trying to contact Mael and Escanor again. Over the years, he had lost contact with them and assumed they passed on. However that thought was voided when he started to feel a pull on his subconscious but couldn't get through. He meditated for about 15 minutes before giving up, deciding that when they want to talk they can summon him. When he opened his eyes, he could feel that he was being watched. He stood up and dashed off into the forest wanting to find out their intentions. As he expected, they followed him. He took sharp turns in an attempt to confuse them all while masking his presence. After five minutes or so, he was able to lose them by jumping into a tree. as he looked down upon the faces of his pursuers, he was able to identify them as the Vermillion siblings. He jumped down behind them, startling Mereoleona. 

"What are you three doing up so early?" Asta asked them. He assumed that no one other than him woke up at four in the morning to train. "We were training when we saw you sitting there in the middle of the field." Leo responded with a smirk on his face. "Oh. Mind if I join you?""Sure. I think we could learn alot from each other. Like how you were able to cast spells without opening your grimoire." Fuegoleon said. Asta nodded and they all went back to the field to train. When Asta was once again asked about his ability to cast spells without opening his grimoire, he responded by saying that it was simply a matter of spell memorization. "Oh Asta! I meant to ask you. Last night when you entered your The One form, it was different from when you used it on me. Why is that?" Fuegoleon asked curious as to why and how the two were different. "Well I can enter my The One form two times in a day. I can only maintain the form for one minute. I can extend that time but at the cost of my life. To answer your question, the reason why they were different was because I have to element affinities. One of them represents Night while the other represents Day. With these two affinities I also have two grimoires. Since it is a little suspicious for someone to walk around with more than one grimoire, I merged the two into one." He said as he paused to make sure they understood and were still following. "Now those to affinities are fire and Hellflame. Fire He said this because not even he knew how he could do it but assumed it was because of Escanor or Mael. They trained until six that morning when Mereoleona decided fell off of her broom and was caught by Asta. For the next few hours they hung out until they got a mission to go to the black bulls hideout to handle a situation. What they weren't expecting was for a girl named Noel to be trapped inside a bubble of her own magic.

"Oh great you're here. Mind giving us a hand?" Yami asked. "How are we who specialize in fire magic, supposed to help you against this?" Mereoleona says while pointing towards Noel inside her bubble. "I assumed that since Asta's Fire Magic is the strongest, he would be able to evaporate the water." Yami said giving his hypothesis. "My fire Magic is too strong. If I were to use it against her, the heat from any of my attacks would greatly injure her." Asta replied. They went back and forth trying to come up with a plan until Asta received a memory from one of his past lives. This memory belonged to Mael. It was of Him using a powerful light attack that was able to calm minds and heal all wounds even poison. IKt was for more powerful than what he would usually do to heal others. As well as noticeably faster. Without a moment to spare, Asta stood as he sprouted wings and began to fly upwards until he was eye level with noes. Before anyone on the ground below could utter a word, they heard Asta say "Ark: Invigorate" before a ball of light was released from his hands as it made it's way to Noel. Once it made contact with noels water magic, it pierced right through it as it continued on it's path to the silverete. Once the light finally reached Noel, everyone on the ground below could see the water bubble gradually start to shrink until all that could be seen was Noel falling from the sky.

Before she could hit the ground, she was caught by Asta. She slowly opened her eyes and soon realized the position she was in, she blushed a deep red. She would've made a seen had she not looked into Asta's deep blue eyes. She was mesmerized. However, her reaction did not go unnoticed by Mereoleona who was standing to the side being held back by leopold, who wasn't having mush luck. Asta placed Noel on the ground as she prepared to be ridiculed by her peers about her having zero control over her magic. But instead of being ridiculed she was comforted by the comments of The Black Bulls. After all was said in done, The Crimson Lion Kings returned to their headquarters as their mission was accomplished. When they arrived, Fuegoleon was the first to ask Asta since when was he able to use light magic. "Though I don't know how, I only knew I had it today. I can't tell you much because I don't know much about it myself." replied Asta, as he replied to their questions, trying not to give away too much information.

From that day on, Asta trained with the Vermillion siblings everyday. He also completed many missions on a day to day basis. However , today was not his average day. Asta was flying around the common realm as he was headed towards the forsaken realm to visit father Orsi as well as Sister Lily. However as he passed over Sosshi village, he saw that was enveloped in a thick fog that was not supposed to be there. Sosshi village was a sunny village pretty much all year round so to see it surrounded by fog was suspicious to say the least. Asta decided to check it out seeing as he had time. As he landed he slowly made his way to were he could sense the most concentrated area of mana while staying on guard and aware of his surroundings. When he finally made it the what he believed to be the village square, he saw an old man about to be impaled with an Ice Spear. Asta quickly got in between the man and the magic attack, shrouding his hand in flames as he punched the ice causing it to melt. He then turned around to see the village people huddled in a circle all with looks of fear plastered onto their faces. "Ark: Saint Coat!" This creates a barrier covering the village people, healing them protecting them from what Asta could identify as diamond mages. "What do you want with this village?" Asta ask as he turned towards the assailant in question. " I am in need of a very important artifact. I am also on a schedule and you are wasting my time." The diamond mage says as he opens his grimoire.

He signals to his partners to fire attacks at Asta, only for the three that were present to be knocked out by Asta. as He does this, another mage enters the clearing. "Heath-Sama, I have the magi-" the mage started to say. But before he could utter another word, he was hit with a fire ball, effectively knocking him out. At this point, Heath began to become frustrated. Enraged even. "No... No, NO!! How, Why. You're wasting my precious time! I was so close but you showed up and ruined EVERYTHING! Had it not been for you, the mayor would be dead and I would have the magic stone. This waste of space known as Sosshi Village would be no more. But you had to come and put all my plans to wast. For that, I will KILL YOU!!" In outrage Heath recklessly started to unleash spell after spell. He soon realized that his attacks weren't working. "You're pathetic excuse for attacks are futile. It's people like you who feed of the weak who make me sick. People like you don't deserve the luxury of living. You are like a virus that needs to be gotten rid of." As Asta says this, he raises his and cals out "Ark: Purge!" As he says this his hand releases a white light that obliterates Heath, leaving behind not even a trace. 

______________________________________________________________

And thats a wrap. tell me how you all like the story so far in the comments and while you're at it, go ahead and pitch some ideas if you want. Next chapter, i will be covering the dungeon and invasion.