Back to You (Part Two)

They make a plan soon enough after that. If what Y/N says is true, and Peter's fairly sure that it is, they'll have to figure something out, some way to get past her aunt's spells. It's still a little weird to Peter that Y/N's aunt is going to come kidnap him to some alternate reality. It seems like a plot stolen from a TV show, not something that would actually happen to him in real life. Then again, Y/N saw it, and from the admittedly limited experience Peter has with her prophecies, what she sees usually comes true.

Look, he has no choice except to trust her. Somehow, across the vast expanses of whatever's going on in the universe- or multiverse- Y/N knew him. Of all the people out there, Y/N chose him. She saw something in him that was worthwhile, and if Peter was good enough for her, then he's got to be good enough to break free of whatever curse Agatha Harkness is about to place on him. He can do that for Y/N. He has no other choice but to do that.

In the end, they come up with a few scraps of something. It's not a fully thought-through and organized idea, but it's good enough for the time they have. To keep it simple, they call their plan the Three R's: remember, resist, redirect. Peter had raised his eyebrows when they'd settled on that. "A little too on-the-nose?" Y/N had asked sheepishly, and Peter had just laughed. "No, I think it's good." He'd leaned forward to kiss the tip of her nose just because he could, finding some stupid joy in the way it made her blush.

Here is what Peter would have to do, once he was taken to Westview: first of all, remember. Sure, it wouldn't be as easy as that, but it's all he could do. Agatha Harkness will cast a spell to bring him over to her reality and to make him believe that he's someone else- Pietro Maximoff, not the Peter he knows himself to be. What's the one sure way to inhibit that spell? Instead of remembering his past as Pietro, he'll stay himself. It probably won't work that well, simply remembering, but the more Peter thinks about what's about to happen, the more he panics, and that means that he can't sit still and think more about the plan, so he simply doesn't think about it at all. Remember. He can do that. No evidence to the contrary.

Part two is to resist. From what Y/N tells him of what she's seen, he'll be puppeted around by either Agatha or Wanda Maximoff, his supposed twin sister in the alternate Westview. It makes Peter shudder, to think of his body and mind forced through actions as if he had no more brain than one of his little sister's Barbie dolls, but no one ever said that witches had to be kind. The only way he can get out of that alternate reality is if Agatha's plan fails and Wanda comes out on top, so if Peter does everything he can to disrupt her little suburban utopia, he'll be that much closer to beating Agatha back and returning home.

The final part is to redirect. In the end, Peter can't do that much to hide from the truth- in a few hours, he's going to be completely out of his element. Sure, he's a mutant, but his main gift is that he can run quickly, not perform spells of his own. Even Y/N won't be able to help him much after Agatha takes him- she can't risk interfering lest her aunt realize that Y/N's acting against her, and even her prophecies are coming with less frequency. Y/N knew that she would meet Peter, and that he would be taken, but for some reason, she can't see into what happens in Westview. She says it's as if someone else is stopping her from seeing that future, like some event will occur to stop all normal flow of time. Whatever the true reason for her apparent blank, Peter doesn't like it, but there's nothing he can do about it at all.

That means that he has to save himself somehow. There is no good way to fight back against a witch of Agatha's caliber without magic of his own, or even against Wanda Maximoff. So, to stay alive until the whole Westview charade is over, Peter's going to have to blend in as best he can. If someone asks him how he arrived in the town, Peter will just talk about how glad he is to be there. If someone asks why he looks, talks, and seems to be a completely different person and not at all Pietro Maximoff, Peter will smile until his cheeks hurt and lay down about a thousand lies to cover up all the inconsistencies in his past.