Chapter 2: Classroom Drama (edited) Clair POV

I groan in annoyance, hefting my knee length leg brace on my right leg up onto the chair next to me with a scowl. It's heavy and clunky, but it's allowing my cracked ankle to heal and that's good enough for me. I'm almost out of it, but I have to continue to wear it at school for at least eight weeks. It's either the brace or risk re-injuring it, don't forget that. I sigh as I look down and bury my head in my book to try to quiet my mind. Class hasn't started yet, but my new teacher has already managed to put me in an uncomfortable situation. There's an even amount of boys and girls in this class, all of the girls look like freaking models. On the other hand, I'm completely average looking. I'm blessed with un-average chlorine bleached wiry curls, and an un-average amount of acne. The other girls seated at my table however, make me look like an uncivilized savage.

They have perfect hair, figures, and acne free faces. They're tall and slim with beautiful curves and breasts and butts and don't have clunky leg braces. Next to them, I look like a small, dirty child. My t-shirt and jeans are loose, showing nothing of my figure or my small (basically completely flat) chest. My left sneaker is muddy, as is the exposed hem of my left pant leg. Destroyed and frayed, it draws attention to just how faded my jeans are. These girls are mud free, wearing skinny jeans and form fitting shirts that flatter and compliment their figures, even if the shirts are hideous uniform shirts. Their backs are straight, they are tall, beautiful, and not a single one of them has braces on their teeth.

When I was 13, my canine teeth rotated outward and grew slightly longer than my other teeth, giving me the appearance of a tan vampire. I originally didn't want braces since I had a choice, but after being called a vampire several times, I caved and got braces. I'm 14 now, and my teeth are still crooked. That is something else that causes me to stick out among these goddesses, something that just drags my self esteem lower. I'm not going to like this class, especially when everytime I'll be here, I'll be reminded that I'm just a mousy, ugly and short girl who's just barely hit puberty even though she's 14. In some aspects, puberty hit me hard. My face, chest and back are covered by so much acne, I look like a pizza. My hair is curly and poofy past the width of my shoulders like a shag carpet or a lion's mane. The visible scars on my lower legs from nine years of sports push my self esteem even lower, and I tug my pant legs down self consciously to cover them. 

All these things, they make me undesirable, and make me unlovable. I've been in sports since I was 5, and thanks to those sports, I had things no girl should have at the age I got them (said sports were also how I broke my ankle). When I was only at the tender age of 9 years old, the deep curves in my waist and back developed, made deeper by the swayback curve on the bottom of my spine. Said curve that unfortunately runs in my family causes my butt to stick out further, and gives my figure more of a curve than it already had. Then at the tender age of 11, my legs became long, thick, and toned. I'm slim, but packed with long wiry muscles. My body is taut, my butt and thighs firm and large with muscle. My hips are slim and unusually square, further deepening the curves of my lower torso. My chest....is almost completely flat to the point where I'm barely over an A cup...Hence the loose t-shirts. My chest is so small, that at my age, I can still comfortably wear training bras instead of regular bras. The rest of my body is not normally shown around my loose shirt and jeans, giving me a blanket of security I so desperately cling to. In elementary school, I got teased for the things I peaked early in, like my curves and my acne. Those bullies hit me deep, I won't lie. It's why I changed my fashion, and started hiding behind my curls. This class brings back those repressed memories, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. A loud slam demands my attention, my green eyes snapping to my left. Where there once was an empty seat, it is now occupied by a kid who enjoys bothering me on a daily basis. Right before the bell rings, the door slams open once again.

I look up from adjusting my leg, my face hidden by my shaggy, chlorine bleached blonde hair. My eyes discreetly meet a pair of blue eyes underneath my hair, my heart stutters an uneven rhythm.

The late comer is about 5'7, towering over my small 5'3 1/2 frame. The person has messy blonde hair, brushing it out of their eyes impatiently. He smiles, showing a lopsided smile and a set of crooked teeth. My heart stutters again, sprinting now.

That smile, those eyes, holy crap it's LIAM!

Right as that thought manifests in my head, he turns and locks his heavenly blue eyes with my shadowy green irises as if he can hear my thoughts. Uh oh...A small and shy smile spreads across my face, my lips closed over my teeth so he can't see my braces. I look down at my leg, blushing furiously as I frantically adjust the Velcro straps that hold it in place.

I'm a bit delirious, the three sleepless weeks I've endured because of my nightmares and the pain of my ankle catching up to me all at once as my head spins. Why does he affect me so much? I'm smarter than this, I have boundaries. Crushes are not part of the equation. Why do I have to be such a mess of wiry curls and red cheeks? How are his eyes such a molten sapphire blue? It's so beaut- FOCUS Clair! You can't let him affect you, he'll never like you like that. So I'm just going to crush on him like an idiot?!

You know very well that he won't want to date you, so yes just crush on him like an idiot.

Shut up self conscience!

Says the girl arguing with herself like an idiot.

The voice of my self conscience is smug and amused.

I am an idiot *scowls internally* get used to it.

Wait.....am I really arguing with myself and calling myself an idiot? 

Ok.....I really need to try those sleeping pills my mom suggested.

Short chapter I know, I had to get this out. Heheh :) looks like shy little Clair has to face her crush everyday :D let's see how that turns out, especially when Clair is so accident prone and clumsy ;) Haha, will Liam like her back, or will she just be that girl in his class? Find out by reading on! Please excuse

Vote, Comment, Share, ANGEL OUT!