Chapter 41: Revelations Ash POV (edited)

We stare at Landon and CJ, waiting for their response. CJ is the first to speak up, voice trembling, "Please don't turn us in guys, we had a very serious reason to run away."

The guys and I shake our heads, why would we turn them in before we get the whole story? "We didn't turn y'all in, none of us are that type of person who turns someone in before they get the whole story.

We know you guys don't know us that well, but please, trust us and tell us the whole story." I locked eyes with CJ, the multi faceted cuts of blue and green that dance in her eyes glowing in the soft moonlight through the window. She's beautiful, she's a gem and there is absolutely no doubt about that. When I was getting ready for a sports function earlier today, the others guys besides our group wouldn't shut up about her.

~Flashback~

I'm pulling my jersey on, when I hear my name behind a row of lockers. Curious, I crept towards the voices. "So what do you guys think of Christian? Like, she's hot as hell!" I heard several murmurs of agreement, before a sound of slapping flesh.

"Guys, she's with Landon, plus she's pregnant, why are you talking about her like that?" This is another guy, a guy with a good head on his shoulders. "Aw, come on, Leo. We're not saying we're going to ask her out, we're just saying that we'd sleep with her if asks. Word is she's a whore who doesn't even know who the father of her child is.

We know she's with Landon, any idiot can see that. I'm wondering how she was such an idiot and got stuck with a guy like him. I'm just saying that she's hot, way hotter than Landon. I mean, with that ass, those eyes, that hair, those breasts. Not to mention she's mysterious, lethal, kick ass, and a whiz in history."

My fists ball, but they say the one thing that makes my blood freeze. "Do you think something is going on between her and Asher?"

~Flashback Ends~

CJ sighs, "Yes, I'm really Clair, and he's really Liam. Sit back, get some popcorn, and relax, this is going to be a long story." Her voice is grim, her face stone as she tucks a short lock of hair behind her ear. Landon squeezes her hand, pulling her into his lap.

Taking her advice, Damon disperses to get drinks, Jazz some snacks. I leave to go pee, Ky to get some blankets. Luke comes back with pillows, Tony with pajamas(we all left pajamas here in case we ended up crashing. Don't worry, we all stay away from CJ's room.)

Sam comes back with CJ's comfort t-shirt (the shirt she wears when she just needs to relax, the shirt is soft and comfortable as hell. It's a lacrosse jersey, and on the back it says Hale...wonder who that is), slipping it over her head and on top of her other shirt, before he plops onto the pile of pillows and blankets on the floor. CJ smiles at him gratefully, snuggling into Landon's chest.

She takes a deep breath, before she begins, "First of all, Liam and I aren't 18, we're 16. We're going to tell you the ENTIRE story, about how we met, our relationship, and why we're here now. Wait until we finish to ask questions please. Our story starts when I was 14, and about to go into the 8th grade. It was a hot summer day, and I was walking my friend Jackson to the library. I was wearing some-"

Landon cuts her off with a grin, "Sexy blue shorts, and a long Alaska t-shirt." CJ slaps Landon's chest playfully, before resuming her story, "When Liam walked up on the other side of Jack, we locked eyes."

Speaking in synchronization, they looked into each others eyes while revealing. (both) "It was like my world shifted. Gravity was non existent, she became my center of gravity, the only thing keeping me on the ground.

It was like I knew ya know? I knew we were meant to be together." Landon twines his fingers with CJ's, placing their linked hands on his heart.

(Landon)"When school started, Clair was a lot different than the care-free bad ass country girl I'd met that summer. She was instead shy and reserved, and honestly a bit of a pushover, hiding behind her thick wiry curls.
I was crushing on her so hard, but she was a little oblivious." He nudges CJ playfully, before CJ picks up where he left off,