August Red (part I)

(TW mentions of blood)

What's something red, Leon?" A young woman asked the male across the room.

"Red? You, I guess." He simply stated, not bothering to turn around.

"Something else, please."

"Huh, I don't know- blood"

"Ah, Perfect!" She sighs, clapping her pale hands together.
She stood up walking over to Leon. Her large crimson and black gown swept the floor, hiding all the bruises and scars that have been placed on her legs over the decades.

Kneeling down beside him. She admires the boy's drawing. She whispers, "Isn't blood such a lovely color?" Without waiting for him to respond she stands and her steps recede behind him.

"Have you finished with my gloves yet?" She stops slightly turning her head allowing her to see him from the corner of her eye.
"They should be done this evening, Madam Red," he says, reaching for the red paint. "It really is a nice color-." He stops, realizing that she has already left.

Suddenly the girl freezes in place. Regaining the ability to move she hastily walks back towards the room, yells, "Th-the children..."She stops at the door not knowing how to properly finish that sentence.

"Have they arrived already?" Leon asks, looking up as Red finally opens the door.

"Yes, but you must greet them." Her hands start to shake violently.

"You'll be fine. Listen, greet them now, and your gloves will be ready shortly after dinner, okay?" He stands up to push the woman out of the room.

"B-but that's an entire hour, at least! What if- I almost killed someone last time!" Hovering her hands over her mouth, she fights against the boy's efforts to shove her out.

"You haven't killed me yet, have you? Besides, when I welcome the kids they get scared."

"You're special. Why? you're one of the most friendly people I know- you know what-"she finally slams the door and heads to the stairwell.

"You don't know many people, Madam!" He yells after her, laughing.

"One..."She lifts her left foot as she counts, "Two,...three,..four" She continues descending the long, seemingly endless stairway,
though sometimes it wasn't long enough.

As she neared the end of the long stairway she heard a boy ask, "Angel, where are we?"

Everything will be alright.

She takes a deep breath and continues towards the children. Bowing, she greets them; "Hello, I'm August Red."

Angel mimicked the woman pulling Mikah, her brother, into a deep, awkward bow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, Angel and Mikah...correct?" Red starts fidgeting her hands behind her back.
She uncomfortably stands there almost as if she's waiting for something, or perhaps someone.

"Leon," Red abruptly calls, breaking the harsh silence.

Leon slowly approaches Red and the children, stopping once behind Red to grab her fidgeting hands. Her clearly forced yet welcoming smile falls but quickly returns as she pulls her hands in front of her.

"Please take them to their room, Leon." Red motions, gesturing at the children.

Leon then moves his hands to instruct the children to follow him.

"Hey Mikah, weren't his gloves white before?" Angel whispers as they walk up the stairs.

"Is that the only messed up thing you noticed? How in the world did she know our names? What was that red fog that led us here anyway?"

"I don't know, but the amount of magic here is disturbing."

"Do you know what it's coming from?"

"He has an insane amount of power, But the power from her is...... frightening"

They continue to follow Leon up the long stairway up to their room where he left them alone to their thoughts, fearing the reason that they were brought here but no matter how much they thought about it they could never imagine that they would finally learn just what endless means.

But perhaps with her help they'll be the ones to end it all.
But all that thinking and fearing made them exhausted, so they'll have to learn when they wake up.

____________________________________________________________________________

✨Hi, so this is gonna be a short series. There'll be 3 parts total. I wrote this one with one of my friends, and I might ask her if I can put her story on here as well. More of the parts should be out later! Have a good night/day!✨

-Author