Jenna's Strange Day

Jenna Dennington was at the rainforest with her brother Jake and her cousins Jazmyn (Jazz) and Joshua (Josh). Jenna greeted her Aunt Sofie and hugged Jazz, as Jake high-fived Josh.

Jenna: Omg, I haven't seen you since we were like, six.

Jazz: Um, we were five.

Jenna: Oh, right.

Jake: 'Sup, Josh?

Josh: Nothin' much, you?

Jake: Nah. Let's go have another short contest with the girls.

Jazz: Let's go look at the butterflies.

Jenna: Sure, I guess.

They walk over to a bush

Josh: Hey Jazz. Hey, Jenny.

Jenna: It's Jenna.

Josh: Oh, sorry.

Jazz: What do you want?

Jake: We were thinking we should have another one of those contests, like, maybe who can find the most leaves in one minute or something.

Jenna: Um, sure? But who's going to time us?

Jazz: I have a timer we can use.

Josh: Perfect!

Jake: You guys are so going down.

Jenna: Hey, guys, look. There's a butterfly coming out of a cocoon.

Jazz: It looks like an owl butterfly.

Josh: Wow. Thatś a tall tree.

Behind them, a six-year-old kid puts a strawberry in a slingshot and tries to aim it straight for a hummingbird, (my favorite bird!) but it lands on Jenna's head without any of them even noticing.

The butterfly finally comes out and goes on Jenna's head for the strawberry.

Jenna: Where did it go?

Jazz: Um, Jenna? The butterfly is on your head, about to get tangled in your hair. There's something red on there, too.

Jake: It's sucking your blood.

Josh: Ahahaha! Good one, Jake! '

Jazz: It looks like a strawberry. Butterflies love strawberries. But where did the strawberry even come from?

Josh: There's a short kid behind us. He's holding a slingshot, and he probably shot the strawberry at her.

Kid: Hey! I'm not short! And I was trying to shoot it at that green bird over there. And my name is Andy, not "A Short Kid"!

Josh: Sorry, Andy.

Jenna: It's tangled in my hair!? But I just washed it yesterday, trying to be prepared for the trip!

Jazz: Calm down, Jenna. I'll get my mom.

Jazz runs to where Aunt Sofie is standing and comes back to their spot with her.

Aunt Sofie: Oh my goodness. I've never seen anything like that before! Where did that piece of fruit come from?

Jake: That kid Andy over there slingshot it. He meant for it to shoot a bird.

Jazz: I need to get some pictures of this!

Jake and Josh keep teasing Jenna while Jazz takes pictures and Aunt Sofhie tries to get it out.

Aunt Sofie takes the strawberry out, then taps the butterfly, until it finally flies out of Jenna's hair.

Jenna: Did you get it out?

Aunt Sofie: Yes.

Jake (referring to the red juice as blood): Girl, you really need to get a Band-Aid!

Josh: Hahaha! Jake, you are the funniest kid ever!

Jenna: How am I supposed to to wash my hair now?

Jazz: Well, the only choice would be to pour your water bottle over your hair, or in that lake.

Jenna: Okay, I'll use my bottle if it's what it takes to get my clean hair back.

She takes her pink water bottle out of her teal backpack.

Jazz: Andy, why did you want to shoot that strawberry at a bird in the first place?

A middle-aged lady walked toward the kids.

Then she said: Andy! There you are! You what?

Andy: I wanted to shoot the strawberry in my slingshot because it tasted different, I was bored to death,, and that bird was staring at me like crazy.

Jazz: But instead, it ended up landing on my cousin's head, and a butterfly flew to get it, and got tangled in her hair, my mom got it out, and she had to wash her hair using her water bottle. Look at this picture I took!

Andy: Wow! You're good at taking pictures, just like my mom.

Lady: Sorry about that. I'm Claire, Andy's mother.

Jazz: Knew it! Nice to meet you, Claire. I'm Jazz.

Claire: Nice to meet you too, Jazz. Andy, let's go now.

Andy: Okay. Bye!

Jake: Let's get back to that contest

Jenna: No way! I've had enough of that drama.

Jazz: Yeah, me too. Have your own race. Here's my timer.

Josh: Thanks, sis.

THE END

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 29, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Jenna's Strange Dayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें