Iron Man 3

"Who the hell are you, and how did you get my number?" My voice is stern as I answer my phone in front of La Sagrada Familia. I look around discretely, trying to see if anything is not ordinary.

"I hacked your phone; I need your help."

"Stark." I sigh and lean against a wall in exasperation.

"Ding! Ding! Ding! You got it right." I roll my eyes and begin walking toward a coffee shop.

"I'm hanging up now."

"NO! WAIT! PLEASE!"

"What, Stark? I am on vacation. I know you don't take them, but I do, and you are currently interrupting my vacation."

"I know. I'm sorry; I will make it up to you."

"I am sure you will, and it will be amazing. Now, what do you want?" I sit at the table and order a coffee and a pastry while Tony talks.

"Have you seen the news lately?" Tony asks me in a semi-urgent tone.

"No, I am on VACATION. I don't worry myself about what dumb people are doing."

"Fair enough. Listen, my house in Malibu was blown up."

"Shocker." I said in a dull voice, "Who did you piss off this time?"

"Rude. Have you ever heard of the Mandarin?"

"No, but I feel you are going to tell me that it is not a mandarin orange or the language."

"He's a terrorist; he tried killing Happy, Pepper, and me." My interest peaks when I hear the word 'terrorist.'

"Where are you now?" I ask, and I get up from my chair, get onto my bike, and start heading home. The call is transferring to an earpiece I have in my ear, and begin to drive my motorcycle.

"Tennessee. I just called Pepper to let her know where I am and that I am alive."

"All right? That's not weird, give me 6 hours and I will be there. Why don't you fly home?"

"The suit is too damaged right now. I recruited a 6-year-old or something like that to help me." I snort in amusement, grab my suitcase, and walk out of my house. I text Nat, "Quinjet now, from Spain to Tennessee."

"Cleared, ready when you are." I head to the airport and get on the plane; the pilots nod to me, talking to Tony.

"A six-year-old? All right, I am on the plane now, be there soon. Don't be dying in the time it takes me to travel. If you die, I'm going to be pissed."

"Why? You'll miss me?" Tony asks in a teasing tone.

"No, 'cause you would waste my time for nothing, and with you dead, I can't get the favor you owe me now."

"Fair enough, Nikolina. Thank you."

"Yeah yeah. Bye, Tony." I hang up the phone and lean my head back against the wall. The sound of the engine humming me to sleep. I wake up about 2 hours later and pull out my phone; I pull up the news to see why Tony needs my help. I have a long list of articles, ranging all over the board.

"Tony Stark Presumed Dead."

"Mandarin at Large, No Stark."

"Stark threatens Mandarin."

"Stark house destroyed by a missile."

Well, shit. Tony, you fucked up big time. When the plane lands, I get up from my seat, walk off the ramp, and to the car waiting for me. I get in and drive toward Rose Hill, Tennessee. I drive towards a small town and see people running around like headless chickens. I get out of my car, and then there is an explosion in a small store; I duck behind my car and grab my gun from the waistband of my jeans. I run towards the blast and move people to safety. As I do, I see Tony walking out of the store and tossing the door to something away from him.