27💜

Jennie's POV:

I'm currently waiting for Irene unnie to get here.

We're doing soundchecks and rehearsals for the upcoming annual music festival sort of thing hosted by the school, performed by students. I'm also performing with Lisa, Jisoo and Rosie. It's really exciting, and a great way to forget about... all this cancer stuff. I'm on the management committee to make sure everything goes smoothly. This is a big event after all, a dramatic upset would be devastating.

"Okay so, before the brief intermission, there will be about ten performances. We're looking to have the first half at about thirty minutes and the second half, maybe an hour. So, first up will be our hosts: Irene unnie and Bogum ssi. Then the performances will start. The first performance would be by my group Blackpink with PWF and HYLT then it will go to Irene unnie's group: Red Velvet with RBB and Zimzalabim, then it transitions into Irene unnie and Seulgi unnie's performance of Greedy and Monster. That's just the baseline of how things will go, please refer to your guide sheets for the whole schedule." I announce.

"Aera, you're on lights. Wooyoung? You're on sounds and effects. If the microphone stops working, or the speakers malfunction, I'm counting on you to fix it. The rest will be my ground crew, during my performances, Nayeon will take charge. Any questions?" I ask.

Everyone shakes their heads.

"Good. Now, we'll do a full run through in 15, get all the performers on standby, Wooyoung, get the microphones, soundboards, ear pieces ready." I command.

Soon enough, I see Irene unnie enter the premises.

"UNNIE! Okay you're here, so get ready for a full run through in 15 minutes, tell the other girls too. We need to make sure this goes smoothly." I say.

She nods in reply.

I'm praying this goes well, the show is tomorrow.

Aish, I'm getting so worked up.

"Yah Nini, you look so stressed, you need a break." Taehhyung pouts.

"No can do Tae, I have so much to do, I have to supervise all the performances, make sure the crew does their job and is on standby for any complications and-"

"Fine, fine but promise me after this run through you'll take a nap?"

"Promise." I sigh in defeat.

Soon, Irene unnie and Bogum ssi, start the hosting.

The girls and I are backstage, getting ready to practice.

"Oh! Irene ssi!"

"Ne Bogum ssi?"

"Look up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane?"

"Ah! Aniya~ It's the girl group with a certainly fiery performance, please welcome: BLACKPINK!" Irene unnie announces.

We get into our positions as the music starts playing.

We start singing, dancing and rapping, but nothing too much, as it's just rehearsal.

Then we finish and it's Irene unnie's turn.

I take Irene's post as the host for now.

"Ah Jennie ssi! You really blew up the stage there!"

"Wah, kamsahamnida Bogum ssi~"

"You know, one of my favorite genres of music is R & B," He says.

"Hmm, it's nice, but who needs R&B when you have a RBB! Hold on tight everyone! We wouldn't want you to Zimzalabim away with this powerful group! Welcome: RED VELVET!" I exclaim.

We watch them perform, in awe with their vocals.

Now, it's my turn to host again, to introduce Irene and Seulgi unnie.

"Wah, we certainly got transported to fantasy land haven't we?" Bogum ssi said.

"Yes we did, but one shouldn't become so Greedy, especially with this Monster duo! Please welcome: Irene and Seulgi!!!" I smiled.

The rehearsal went on for a while and after, we were so tired.

"That was one tiring run through, I'm so excited for tomorrow!" Rosie squealed.

I bitterly chuckled because this may very well be her first and last festival.

AH aniya! Don't think that way Jennie.

Rosie will survive, and she'll have many more festivals to come.

As I was heading backstage to receive the report to find out if anything malfunctioned, I saw Irene unnie talking with the guy, Baekhyun from another class.

I make a mental note to tease her about it later.