Chapter 21.

Minho and I stood over Newt's bed, fighting back giggles as we watched him sleep. The thin sheet was covering most of his face, his eyebrows ceased together as if he were thinking hard. He looked extremely adorable, and part of me didn't want to bother him. But, then again, he did tickle me.
According to Minho's fancy wrist watch, it was currently 3:30 am. The Runners weren't scheduled to wake up for another hour or so, and me, not for another two and a half hours. We knew he was going to be pissed after what we were about to do to him, but once again, payback's a bitch.
I glanced up at Minho, who was standing over Newt on the other side of the bed, and smirked. I brought my hand up to my mouth, licked it until my palm was completely covered in a thick layer of slober. I then brought my hand up and slapped Newt across the face as hard as I could. His eyes shot open, his mouth open in a silent gasp. He looked at me, and started to say something. Before he could even get a single word out, however, Minho grabbed the sheets from under him and pulled them out, causing him to fall on to the floor.
"What the hell-" Newt cut himself off as he brought a hand to his cheek, which was covered in my slober. "Emily, did you just bloody lick me?"
I stood on his bed, looking down at him, scrunched my nose in disgust, "Ew, no.That's disgusting. I licked my hand and then slapped you."
Newt let out a groan as he curled up in a ball on the floor, punching Minho's leg in the process, "I hate you both so much."
Minho and I were both in tears from laughing, clutching our sides as Newt pulled the sheet over his head.
"No you don't, Newtie," I said as I hopped on to the floor beside him. Minho, his face still scrunched form laughter, joined us and patted Newt on the back.
"It's like two in the morning," Newt groaned. "Why are you even awake?"
"To get you back," I laughed. I pulled the sheet off of his head and flung it on to the bed. He covered his face with his hands and let out yet another groan. I looked up at the door flung open, revealing Alby standing in it's place. His eyes were narrowed, glazed over with sleep, as he stared at us. He pursed his lips, let out a sigh as he rubbed his forehead.
"I'm not even gonna ask," he muttered, shaking his head as he disappeared out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me. We all burst into a fit of laughter, including Newt. It had been a while since we've all laughed like this, and I missed it. The Glade seemed like such a gloomy place recently; I hated it.
Minho suddenly stood up, forcing Newt up with him. His blonde hair was ruffled, his eyes half-closed, looking as if he were still half asleep.
"We're already up, so we might as well get ready," Minho said, causing Newt to groan for what seemed like the thousandth time. I streched, forced myself to stand up as well. Though, instead of heading to the door like they were, I headed for my bed, feeling as if it were tugging at me with a rope.
"You two have fun," I said as I- literally- collapsed into my bed. "Be safe."
"I'll try," Minho said at the same time Newt said, "Always."
The sound of the door slamming told me that they had left the room, and I let out a sigh as I felt myself drifting back into sleep.

I was dreaming. I was in a room, similiar to the one the kids were in when they were playing on their workpads. Perhaps it was even the same room, though I didn't know for sure. The kids were there, all dressed in pajamas, either reading a book or tapping away on their workpad. DeeDee, however, did neither. She sat on the couch, her legs pulled to her chest, staring silently at the wall. Crying.
Evelyn and Stephen put down their workpads and looked at her, their eyebrows furrowed in concern.
"What's wrong, DeeDee?" Stephen asked.
"I miss them." DeeDee's voice cracked as she spoke. "I'm never going to see them again."
"What are you talking about?" Stephen scooted closer to the girl, wrapped his arm around her shoulder. DeeDee nuzzled into his chest, her shoulders shaking with sobs. "Mr. Gallaparga told us he'd do everything he could to make sure we saw them again."
Alexander and Jackson were now watching the girl, looking as if they had no idea what was going on. Evelyn rubbed the girl's back comfortingly and looked at Stephen. DeeDee suddenly pulled away from him, her blue eyes blazing with some emotion. Whether it was anger or sadness, I didn't know. But whatever it was, it was a strong feeling.
"You don't get it! Any of you!" she screamed. "They're dead! They're all dead! My parents, the people who took care of me! Mark, Trina, Alec, Lana! They're all dead..." she buried her face into Stephen's chest once more, her voice muffled by his shirt. "I'll never see them again."
"Hey," Stephen ran his hand through her hair. "They would've been so proud of you. They died to save you, DeeDee."
"They had the Flare, Stephen." DeeDee said. "They were going to die anyway."
"All the more reason for you to find the cure. Do this for them," Evelyn said. "That's why we're all doing this. We've all lost someone we cared deeply about to the Flare. That's why we need to find the Cure."
Once again, DeeDee pulled away from Stephen, wiped a tear from her eye, "You're right. I need to do this for them. It's what they would've wanted. I'm sorry, guys." she looked around at each of the kids. "WICKED is good."