Chapter 51 - Now I see daylight

6 months later

PANSY'S POV

"Merlin, these things are so hard to use," I commented while examining the tool in my hand. The first time Y/N handed me this instrument, I thought she was attacking me. It looked like a weapon but instead of explaining it to me, she laughed at my naivety. And I wanted to be angry, but Merlin, that laugh. I'd do anything for that damn laugh.

We were seated on the floor of our soon-to-be living room. All of our stuff was scattered in the empty room while we unpacked the boxes. In the beginning, moving and living together sounded exciting, but actually doing the work wasn't exciting at all. Especially when we still had tons of boxes left. Y/N wanted us to move in organically without magic. Hence, that was why we were sitting on the ground opposite each other.

"It's just scissors," Exhaling, Y/N took the deadly weapon out of my grasp and instructed me to use it. "You take it in your hand and cut the tape like this, see?" She depicted the use of 'scissors' by cutting the box.

"Why can't we just use magic?" I countered. I took out my wand and portrayed to her how easy it would be to use a few spells instead of a dangerous instrument. Furthermore, I wasn't a massive fan of hard work. "It'll be a lot easier."

"Well, you can," She pondered, examining the scissors and the open box in her hand. "But I like to do things manually. Makes me feel strong."

Dramatically, I threw my wand away. "Well, I like you," Smirking, I said, "I know how much you love to see my hands working. So let's do this with our hands, shall we?"

Her eyes widened at the double entendre behind my words. I smiled smugly as I stood and went to sit beside her, taking the scissors from her hand as I pretended to be interested in using them. "Wouldn't be the first time I've used magic on you."

Understanding my antics, she bit the inside of her cheek as she examined me cutting the tape, while I eyed her from the corner of my eyes. "On second thought," She considered, "Don't throw the wand out just yet."

Oh, so we were doing this now.

A smile spread across my face and instantly she shook her head. "This is not what I meant," Y/N cleared, leaning for my abandoned wand on my other side as she teasingly rubbed her nose against mine in the way.

I mirrored her action and she scrunched her nose. Merlin, she was so adorable. "This is exactly what I meant, sweet girl."

Gently, she held my hand as it started trailing up her thighs. "Baby, not right now. You exhausted me last night."

Instead, she wrapped her hand around my waist and stomach, plopping her head on my shoulder tiredly. "Besides, I don't think our neighbors would appreciate the noise," She added.

"Oh, pretty girl," I huffed, "I could always use a soundproof spell. You just have to say the word."

When she just rolled her eyes, I supplemented, "You know why I like Muggle world? They don't get married at 19. You could always just try to live with someone and if it doesn't work out, then you could just move on."

She scoffed at my attempt to seduce her. "Are you coaxing me to have sex with you?"

"Is it working?" I retaliated jokingly. Of course, I wasn't serious. Now that I had her, I was never letting her go. I intended to spend the rest of my life with her. And I knew I was in deep shit because I would still be with her even if we didn't have sex ever.

Well, I was truly in love. Or, as Draco liked to call, fucked. And you know what, I loved every second of being in love with her.

"No, probably not," She thought while failing to pretend that her lips weren't arching upwards. I noticed - of course, I did. I noticed every little thing she did, but I decided not to call her out. "I think we should get back to unpacking."

"Ugh," I groaned mockingly, "My girlfriend is so boring."

She yanked her hand on my chest as she pouted. "I'm not boring."

Yup, definitely not. She was probably the most interesting person in the world and I would tell her that every day because I was done living a lie. Also, did I tell you how adorable she was?

"I just called you my girlfriend for the first time, but sure stick on the boring part instead."

She beamed at me, this time she didn't try to suppress that beautiful smile, and I was thankful for that.

She passed another box in my direction as she stood up, "Get back to work," She handed me the scissors before making her way to the kitchen. "Manually."

"Y/N," I said, voice softer than ever that it felt like it didn't come out of my mouth. I looked up at her and hoped it was clear what I wanted to say.

When she smiled gently, already understanding my thoughts - I confessed for the millionth time. "I love you."

She bent down, pressing her lips on my forehead as she mumbled against my skin. "I love you."

As she was about to go to the kitchen, the doorbell rang. Which was weird because we barely had guests over. It was always our friends - Cho, Alex, Blaise and Draco. And none of them came unannounced. Especially Draco, since now that he was some sort of influencer that posted everything online. I didn't understand his work well, but he said it paid a lot.

Y/N and I decided to take it a bit slow. We didn't know what we wanted to do in the Muggle World. So, we saved half of the money that Y/N had inherited from Cedric and used the other half to buy our apartment and start a life together.

"Honey," My beautiful girlfriend called for me from the door, and instantaneously I was on my feet.

"What is it?" I wrapped my hands around her waist, shifting her hair on one shoulder as I planted a kiss on the other.

"A wedding invitation," She declared.

Who would invite us? We barely had any friends here. Alex and Cho had decided not to get married and well, it couldn't be Draco because I had not seen an update on his social media today.

"Poppy and Eugene."

A/N - I love writing domestic stuff. Dw its gonna stay that way till the end. We are done with the bad shit.

See you tomorrow!
With love,
Pri