The Infinity War Begins

No matter how hard Jake tried to push Mephisto's words to the side, they haunted him for the next two years. On certain nights, the same nightmare would repeat.

He would see nothing but a large, golden gauntlet with multiple glowing stones embedded on certain parts: purple, then red, then light blue, then green, then gold, and finally bright orange in the center. The gauntlet would slowly close its fist as a massive, shadowy figure loomed over Jake as screams of fear and pain overwhelmed his senses.

 The gauntlet would slowly close its fist as a massive, shadowy figure loomed over Jake as screams of fear and pain overwhelmed his senses

The year was now 2018, and in his hotel room, Jake snapped awake with a loud gasp following the nightmare. Breathing heavily, he scanned his surroundings. Zadkiel's voice didn't ring in his head or give him any mental imagery, it was just radio silence from the Spirit of Vengeance.

'Nothing out of the ordinary, just a regular hotel room.' He thought as his eyes turned to the woman in bed with him.

Wanda was still fast asleep, wearing nothing but a sleeveless gray blouse and jean shorts. However, it didn't take long for her to sense Jake was awake.

"Jake...you okay?" She groaned, rubbing her eyes as she sat up next to him.

"I keep having the same nightmare, but this is the first time I've had it two nights straight." He sighed.

Wanda put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him, but his eyes were wide open and he was on edge.

"Why don't we go out for a late night walk? That always cheers you up." She suggested.

Later,

The two were now walking down the empty, nighttime streets of Edinburgh, Scotland. Wanda kept her gray blouse on, but she slipped on a black hoodie, jeans, and black low-heeled ankle boots.

Jake, on the other hand, wore a long trench coat over a mostly-buttoned short sleeve Hawaiian style shirt, black pants, and black lace-up work boots.

They held hands as they walked down the street.

"Yeah, you're right." Jake mused. "This is nice. At least we have the streets to ourselves for now."