Normalcy (LEMON WARNING)

Five years later...

2023...

Jake Castle woke up with a sigh as sat up on the bed, wearing nothing but a pair of blue sweats. There was nothing in his vicinity threatening him in any way, it was just the comfy master bedroom in his new home in Upstate New York.

He turned to the side to see it completely vacant, meaning a certain someone woke up before him.

"Jesus Christ, Jake. I know Wong kept you busy, but sleeping until noon is really pushing it."

From the open doorway, in came Wanda Maximoff-Castle. Unlike Jake, she was actually fully clothed, more specifically in a red checkered, button-up blouse and a pair of jeans. In her hands was a fork and a plate of bacon and eggs, but what Jake really focused on was the silver ring on her finger.

"Can't help it. Things are as hectic as they were five years ago." He sighed.

Wanda simply chuckled as Jake took the plate and fork from her. The two sat on the bed together as the nearby TV played some sports news.

"Did anything happen while I was still asleep?" Jake asked as he took a bite of the food.

"Not much. Got some mail from the others, though." She explained.

"Any early wedding gifts?" He asked again.

Wanda giggled as she took some of the bacon and ate it. Jake laughed along with his wife, taking in the fact that nothing crazy was happening at the moment, it was just them and the TV talking sports.

 Jake laughed along with his wife, taking in the fact that nothing crazy was happening at the moment, it was just them and the TV talking sports

Later...

Despite it being afternoon, after changing into a black and white tracksuit, Jake went out for a run around the vicinity of his home. While he and Wanda lived in a somewhat isolated cabin for various reasons, they weren't completely closed off from the rest of society, as the nearest town, where Jake would often go on a run depending on the mood, was a drive away.

It felt strange for him to have a day where he either wasn't on the run or had to tap into the Rider's powers.

After so much time, fighting a never-ending war against all manner of evil with the powers of a devil inhabiting his body, Jake was astounded at being able to wave to other people while on a jog, to be a regular guy for once. Of course, he'd have his moments with Zadkiel, but the spirit seemed to remain silent unless the Ghost Rider's services were called upon, to the point where he would sometimes forget about his condition.

His afternoon run went by without any interruptions.

Later...

Jake returned as the sun set. He walked up the nearby flight of stairs, entering the house proper on the second floor. As he walked in, he couldn't find Wanda anywhere on the ground floor, just their new puppy, Sparky, playing with his carrot chew toy.