1. Meeting Pevensie

•°•°•

Sitting on my bed, my eyes scanned the scatches of an animal that kept showing up in my dreams almost every night. As I'm quite talented with drawing, I decided to draw the lion with mighty mane and like kind gaze that gives me some kind of comfort, so I can look at it instead see it in my head. I don't know why exactly this lion nor who is that but I feel like there's more behind the drawing and my dreams than it seems. If only I knew what.

When I heard a knock on the door, I quickly shove my drawings under my pillow, jump down from bed and went to open the door, just to see Professor Kirk standing there.

"Hello, Maggie. I came to inform you about upcoming four siblings that will be staying with us for some time till the war isn't over, so please be kind to them, but with your kind nature I guess it won't be a problem." Professor stated as I nodded I understand. Everyone are telling me my heart is made of gold, but I doubt that. I'm just 10 years old girl without memories, I can grow into something else. Muhaha. Okay, stop talking to yourself, Maggie!

"When will they come?" I asked as Professor started walking away but turned back to me when I added a question.

"In any minute." And with these words he walked away, leaving me standing in the doorway.

Not a long after I heard front door open and strict voice of Macready from downstairs. I walked out my room and kneeled down by the railing, watching Macready and the four children from shadows.

"Professor Kirk is not accustomed to havin' children in this house, except one, Maggie, but her you'll see later. And, as such, there are a few rules we need to follow. There will be no shoutin'. Or running. No improper use of the dumbwaiter." Explained Macready with stern voice like usually, but when you get to know her she's very kind woman. They made their way up the stairs.

"No touchin' of the historical artifacts!" I giggled as the older girl wanted to touch statue, but Macready raised her voice. I did the same when I got here first time, now 5 years ago.

"And above all, there shall be no distrubin' of the professor." Macready added and walked away to show the children their rooms, them following. I caught one of the children with black hair look my way but I quickly ran away.

•°•°•

After dinner I haven't been on I made my way to one of the rooms where are the chidren staying. They were put in two rooms. One for boys and one for girls, and I suppose this one is where are the girls sleeping.

When I stood in front of the door, I could hear the radio speaking news what's going on out there. Basically, I heard it already from stairs as I have really good hearing and smell. I never get to know why though and how, not really bothered by it.

"The sheets feel scratchy." I heard thin voice say, probably belonging to the smallest and I think youngest one. I'm not surprised, these sheets are not very comfortable.

"Wars don't last forever, Lucy. We'll be home soon." I heard another female voice, probably belonging to the older girl. I heard footsteps so I ran to hide and watched the black haired boy that probably saw me before walk into the room.

"Yeah, if home's still here." He said.

"Isn't it time you were in bed?" Again the older girl said, sigh escaping her lips.

"Yes, mom." The black haired boy said with sarcasm in his voice.

"Ed!" I heard another voice, probably belonging to the eldest boy. I decided to show up so there won't happen some argument and Macready come here. That's not needed. I knocked, bringing everyone's attention towards me.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt. We haven't meet yet. I'm Maggie, Mrs. Macready must've mentioned me before." I said, giving them big toothed grin in attempt they'll think good of me and agree to be my very first friends. I've never been in contact with someone else than Macready and Professor, not even someone close to my age, so it's new for me to talk to someone else. The blonde boy, which I suppose is the eldest of them, got up from bed as he was sitting there and walked up to me, pulling out his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm I'm Peter Pevensie." I looked at his hand dumbfounded, not knowing what is he doing but then I remember people greet each other like that when they first meet. So I pulled my hand out too and grabbed his, letting him shake our hands and then let go.

"This is Susan, Edmund and Lucy." Peter pointed at the older girl, then at the black haired boy and then at the youngest girl. They waved at me as Lucy and Susan gave me sweet smile, unlike Edmund.

"Nice to meet you all, and do not worry, Lucy. I'll tell Mrs. Macready to give you new sheets, more comfortable and then you'll sleep like in heaven." I told Lucy, who's eyes lit up as it was sad till now.

"Well, I think I should go so good night." I again waved at them as they said good night back to me and I went to my room, closing the door.

I hopped onto my bed, pulling out my sketchbook and pencil to draw Lucy with that little I remember from our meeting. I don't know why her, just feel like that. After I finished, I looked again at the drawings of the lion and then went to sleep. After some time of thinking, my eyes shut and I fell into deep sleep.