There, out in the darkness, under the wraith-silver moon wrapped with thick, ominous clouds and a bright moon, was a barefooted female, running for her dear life. Heavy pants escaped her lips every second as she continued to run, rotating her head backward, constantly watching her back.

Golden thick fluid oozed out from the different slashes present in her body, her own blood trickling down almost every part of her body, growing weak as she ran further. Her hair was tangled, dress torn and full of dirt, while gold tears started threatening to roll down her pale porcelain skin.

She didn't know how long she could last, but she had to go on. There was no other way. That was the only way, the only choice she had.

From a distance, the sound of men shrill howling seemed to draw nearer and nearer, which meant one thing, she was slowing down, her own body ready to give up any time sooner.

The night sky witnessed the chase. A fugitive, they call, running away from what seemed to be a hostile group of men who carried several hunting weapons.

The brown-haired female battled with her body's soreness and agony. She continued to fight, continued to run.

A faint sound of the thin tree branches that cracked whenever she stepped on one heightened the dogs' senses that accompanied the men.

A gun was aimed towards the girl, fired without delay, grazing her leg. Wince broke from her huffs as the bullet cut through her skin. Her hand makes its way to touch her bleeding calf yet not halting even for a second. As a result, her sprint gradually became sluggish, leaping, allowing the men to narrow down the distance.

Through her peripheral view, she saw a male approaching her. Using a few of her remaining strengths, she extended her hand, directing it straight to the man's face. Without hesitation, a blinding light flashed right through the eyes of the male.

Busy working on the male she took down, she didn't notice the geared male behind her.

He lunges forward, tackling her down. She squirms out of his body that dominated over her. Her eyes shut close as the male securely holds her hands, palms facing her body to avoid the same incident, but she still manages to fight. As soon as she opened her eyes, the male screeches. Pain shot right through his head. An intense headache was what took place, a hand gripping his head.

With the opportunity to escape, she pushed the male off her and stood up.

The ran resumes, but the remaining group of men was closer this time than initially.

Her heart pounded like crazy, and she felt it through her whole body. Leora, Elder of Coruscating Light, guide me. She cried in her head, repeatedly chanting it over and over again.

All of a sudden, she drops to her knees. No matter how hard she tried to lift her body, she couldn't. It's as if she lost control over her own body.

Through the back of her shoulder, she spotted a blow dart pierced right through her skin. Instantly, she plucks it out despite feeling wobbly and feeling all weak.

Slowly, the group of men drew near. They watched her gradually lose power over her body, eyeing her as if she was a deer and they were the lion. Indeed, she was their prey, and they were the predator, and for that, they chuckled lowly at the sight of the frail woman.

"Lost strength?" Smug was written all over his face as she kept slipping every single time she tried to lift her body.

The woman glared at him, disgusted. "Don't try to be so ferocious," he eyed her from head to toe. "It doesn't suit you at all," he smirked.

He crunched down, and slowly, his smirk fell, changing into a darker aura. He grabs a fistful of her hair, pulling it up for her to match his height. Low groans took place as she faced him, knitting her eyebrows in an attempt to fight back. "If I were you, I wouldn't try and do that. It's useless."

Right after he finishes his sentence, the female brought her hands to her head, bellowing. "See, it all came back to you."

"What did you do to him?" Through the head-pounding pain, she manages to ask.

"Who?" He hummed, pretending to think. "Oh, you mean that weakly who is said to be the descendent of great power."

Instantly, as the neuralgia took effect on her, she knew exactly what happened. They took down one of them. One of the few remaining young adults sent by the Elders to Earth to survive.

"I really thought he would be the strongest of all, but it turns out, he was the weakest." He pushed her to the ground.

"You know what to do," the male stood and left, leaving his subordinates. One of them approached her and took out a small weapon. He directs it towards her, and instantly, excruciating pain shot all over her body. A blaring cry echoed through the whole forest, her body in intense shock at the high-voltage electroshock weapon.

The forbidding clouds covered the orb of bright light that emitted from an extra-terrestrial being. No one else could save her. It was all over for her and it was up to the rest to save the last of them.

 It was all over for her and it was up to the rest to save the last of them

😳