2 ꕥ

Silence

Silence.

There was nothing but silence, probably the sound of the blasting cold wind from the air conditioner could be heard, but for Renjun, it was silent.

He concentrated so much on the artwork he was finishing that he didn't hear a single thing from the university library.

Frustrated enough at how many times he tried to replicate the same feature of the non-existent male's eye he had drawn after drawing on the wrong layer, Renjun was pretty much fuming at this point.

Nothing else could hurt an artist other than seeing that you had drawn on the wrong layer. Probably there are other things to break an artist's heart, but for the twenty-one-year-old college student who mainly preferred digital art, it was this.

The Chinese male dropped the white stylus pencil and leaned his head back. He lifted the glasses that laid on his nose bridge and pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes.

Exhaustion. That's what he felt.

He has been working on the artwork for hours, and it further stressed him out after the wrong layer incident. He was quite running out of time to meet the deadline of his other projects, and the artwork Chenle commissioned him to do was adding up.

I shouldn't have accepted it. If it weren't for the jaw-dropping payment, I wouldn't be here.

Renjun sat up straight, cracking his neck before closed his tablet shut, shoving it inside his sling bag. He had to call it a day and just continue the next day. After all, it was already eight fifty-three in the evening.

He slung his bag across his body and headed towards the heavy glass doors of the library. Tucking in his hands inside the pocket of his black jacket, Renjun made his way to exit the university and head straight to his dormitory.

The distance from the university to the dormitory he shared with his friends wasn't that far, just a few streets after exiting the university. Around a fifteen-minute walk from the library and a ten-minute walk from the Art Department.

It was perfect for them, not to mention how big it was to fit seven of them; Mark, Jeno, Donghyuck, Jaemin, Chenle, Jisung, and him.

Before Renjun left the university, he thought of passing by the art building to collect some of his paper artworks.

Walking through the hallway, a few students caught sight of him, their sight not leaving his figure. He was a walking artwork that drew plenty of attention. He is the epitome of perfection, and most didn't care about the fact that he believed in non-existent creatures. After all, he is exceptionally handsome.

Renjun walked past the other student who was still at the university, keeping his head straight, nonchalant by the stares. He takes a turn by the end of the hallway, heading straight to the first door as he took a right turn.