Julie and the House Party

That night with Julie was the greatest night of my life... Sure... Nothing went down of course... It was only today that we met but... She was actually fun to be around... She was a sheltered girl with rich-ass parents who wanted to escape and show the world what she could do... She had a knack for the morbid... I do to... Except I don't really research or study the dark parts of the world... I just act upon it... Julie kept newspapers of popular crime cases, she even had a little scrap book for her rare findings, crimes that were only ever talked about on one publication... Besides that... It's official that we are friends now... Also she has a lot of awesome movies... And a VHS Player! I've never owned one of those in my entire life... This Julie girl... She seemed to want to be my friend... I was thinking.... Let's just see how loyal she is... If she wants to be friends with the "Great Frank Morrison" as she says, then I might have to up the ante, show her what life out on the streets is really like... How it's kill or be killed...

———

School was shorter that day... I signed up with the basketball team... Not because I wanted to play basketball or even wanted to try something new out... I just wanted to show these kids around here what someone what like me is capable of... 19 Years old and in school still... Again... It's like being a god amongst kids... I just had to find the kids that would be loyal to me....

"Frank! Hey! Wait up" said that Joey-guy again as he stopped me from walking down the hall, Joey showed promise... But he was too much of a nice guy to hang with me... It wouldn't work.... "Yeah- what's up?" I asked casually, Joey then caught up to me, "Hey Frank... Wanna walk with me to Julies house party?... Seems that you know the way there... Julie was talking about hanging out with you all night-" Joey said, I then rolled my eyes, "She's alright enough... Surprised someone as smart as her ends up as the "popular girl" " I said, Joey nodded, "Yeah- but even then- she's the best friend someone like me or Susie could ask for... Shes accepting and quiet, not as quiet as Susie..." Joey said, as he exited the school, following me. "So.... You and this Susie girl are in good graces with Julie?" "Yeah- we're kind of like a friend group... We stuck out for each other... Almost like a family" Joey said, I perked up slightly, liking the sound of that... "Heh... Maybe if you three allow me... I could join in.... Im new here... I could use a good friend group after all..." I said, Joey nodded, "Yeah- you'd fit right in...."

After awhile, me and Joey reached the house, I don't know how late we were, we talked for awhile but once we reached the house, there was obviously a party ongoing inside, it was even more obvious a party was going down when we reached the doorway. "... How late are we?" I asked Joey, he responded with a shrug, I then sighed and knocked on the door, to which Julie immediately opened the door. "Frank! Joey! You're here! Heh- sorry- shits getting crazy... Heh-... Come in!" Julie said excitedly, to which me and Joey walked into a massive party, students getting drunk, talking, and just all around partying.... I hadn't been to one of these types of parties... Well- ever-... Julie then proceeded to lead us to a corner of the room, where a girl sat there, drawing on a sketchbook, "Frank- you've obviously met Joey... Well it's time you met the youngest of the group... Susie!" Julie said, the girl looked up, she looked... Young... Probably a sophomore... "Uh... Hey... I'm Frank-" I held my hand out, offering a handshake, Susie looked up... "Hi Frank-" She said in a quiet voice as she shook my hand, and almost immediately went back to drawing in her sketchbook. Julie sat down, and Joey sat down as well, I sighed and sat down as well... This was the "group" I suppose. "Joey- how's that new job going? The one at the department store?" Julie asked, Joey looked up, "It's good- I mean- I ain't fired yet, better than my last jobs" Joey responded, "Joey- we all know you can't keep a job for the life of you" Susie butted in with sass.

Julie chuckled a bit, "How about your boss? How does he treat you?" Julie asked and Joey responded with a sigh, "He's a jerk... Sees his store as his home... Almost like he fucking lives there..." Joey responded as Julie got a smirk, "Gives me an idea-" Julie said as she stood up, "Follow me-" Julie said as she suddenly began leaving the house, we were all surprised.... "I don't know about you guys but I'm not getting left behind" I said as I stood up and follows Julie, as I followed her and looked behind us, seeing Joey and Susie get up.