One Last Normal Evening

I met Julie behind the Mount Ormond cabin... Julie... She wanted more out of me than I wanted out of her... As she embraced me with kisses, I felt... Nothing towards her... I love her, I know that, and I know she loves me... But... She put me on a pedestal... I could read her just as she could read me... Julie saw me for who I was, a broken man who lives outside of the social norm, who just needed someone to help him be pushed over the edge to become... Who I am now... On the flipside... I can tell Julie is a Woman who didn't experience love in her life, similar to me... Her loneliness drove her to find comfort in the study of serial killers... When she came across me that faithful day... She saw me as her "Dream Serial Killer Boyfriend"... If that is what she needs me to be... Then I'll be that for her... Without question

I received no pleasure from what we did in that moment... All I could think about was what I would have to do to receive that high again... The high I received by killing Clive... Julie had put her clothes back on and looked at me, "Heh-... You look speechless Frank-" Julie spoke to me, I turned back at her, ".... Yeah-... That was fun- One of the best moments of my life-" I lied to her, Julie may have been the smart one... But when it came to me, she didn't think about my answers, as every answer I gave her was simply what I knew she wanted to hear...

As Julie prepared for the next run with the other two, I went to one of the cars we had stolen in a past run and put the keys in,  starting it up and grumbling to myself... I took my backpack off and opened it up... I took my journal out... I chuckled softly to myself and opened the first page of my journal... Looking into the person I used to be... I wrote about how I moved out of Calgary after my small-time crimes... Heh... If you can even call what I did "Crimes" compared to what I do now... I wrote about how I was attracted to a girl named Julie... And how I hated my dad Clive... I... I felt as if I was supposed to be feeling nostalgic... Happy?... Maybe even sad about my changes?.. But... I couldn't tell what I felt anymore... It felt like I was reading the journal of someone else... As the journal goes on... I realize that the person morphs... Morphs into... Well myself... 

I zoned out and someone knocked on the window of my car, I perked up and looked at the window, it was Joey... "Can you unlock the car, man?" Joey asked, I nodded and unlocked the car door. Joey opened the door to the back seat and sat down, "Julie and Suz are talking-... They should be here soon-" Joey said, I nodded, putting the journal into my backpack... "Heh-... Well Frank, what were you and Julie doing out behind the cabin?" Joey asked in an immature tone, "... Use your imagination Joey..." I said bluntly, Joey tilted his head and sighed, "Yeah- I got it..." Joey was expecting me to lighten the mood with a joke I assume... "Hey Frank- I just wanna say that... I'm glad to be apart of The Legion-... Sure I... Used to have way more friends but... None of my other friends from Ormond High gave me much satisfaction and excitement as they do..." Joey said

I was glad... Joey was happy to be apart of The Legion.... I turned and looked at him, and I offered him a fist bump, to which Joey fist bumped me. "I'm glad you're here too Joey... You're awesome, I trust you too" I said, trying to be... Normal again, before Joey was cut off by Julie entering the front seat and Susie entering the backseat beside Joey, as it was becoming nightfall... Susie curled up in a ball, looking down, "Suz?-" Joey said Susies name as he put his hand on Susies arm... "Y-Yeah?" Susie looked up at Joey, "You alright Susie?... You seem uh... Sad?..." Joey tried to check on Susie, Susie chuckled a bit, "H-Heh- I'm fine Joey... Julie just... Told me that this night would be a bit longer than most of our nights out... I wanted to say goodbye to my parents- but Julie just told me I wouldn't have time for that... She said that I could probably tell them I was at a friends house tomorrow morning though" Susie said, I gave Julie a quick glance, and gave her a nod of appreciation... 

As I began to drive off, I could practically sense Susie holding herself back from crying... Joey trying to maintain his composure to be the "Groups Tough Guy", despite how much I intimidate him... Then finally I could sense Julie... Julie was having the time of her life... And... So was I.