•Chapter 5•

No one's POV
+========+

You slowly awoke to the sound of what seemed like chattering.

Blinking, you checked the time, wondering what was up with the random chatter

"5:24 AM"

Processing this information, you arose from the bed to check up on what's currently going on.

The closer you got, the more you realized, this isn't just ordinary conversations, this was some sort of trade

"Say, how about this, you'll hand me 1/4 of your resources, and in return, I'll give you information." The black-haired girl said, resting her chin on her interlocked fingers.

"I reckon if you do know what information we want." Calliope responded, glaring at her.

"Are you sure?" She questioned, sliding the pink haired girl a folder.

As Calliope scanned the contents inside the folder, you suddenly heard footsteps behind you.

Looking behind, you felt a cold, metal object press against your forehead, along with a noticeable 'click'

"Who may you be, friend?"

"I-I-"

You struggled to form any sentences, as you realize you were being held at gun point.

Your ears pinned against your head as your tail hid itself between your legs, sweating bullets as you noticed her harsh, cold glare.

Just before the white haired girl could say anything, you felt a hand wrap around your waist.

"Oh, she's with me, Fubuki."

You assumed the voice belonged to none other than Amelia.

Fubuki lowered her gun, softening her gaze.

"My apologies, Ms. Watson. I simply confused her for a spy, that's all." Fubuki responded, ears slightly lowering as she placed her gun back into the holster

"It's no worries, now, I must head back to my office, (Y/N), would you like to come with?" Amelia asked, looking back at you.

As much as you want to come with, you realized that she just might be a part of the neighboring clan your family would trade with.

You just needed to make sure it is her.

"No thanks, I'll be fine!" You grinned, giving her a thumbs up.

Amelia nodded, before walking away.

Once she was gone, you looked back at the white haired kemomimi with uncertainty.

"Fubuki.. Are you.. Perhaps part of the Shirakami clan?" You asked.

That question immediately caught her attention as she snaps her head towards you.

Eyes full of recognition, she realized it was you.

"(N/N), is that really you?" She questioned, eyes wide in shock.

"Mmhm!" You responded, resting your hands on your hips.

"The one and only!"

Fubuki immediately enveloped you in a hug, dropping her scary facade.

"I'm sorry I left you, I really am!" Fubuki said, burying her face into the crook of your neck.

Giggling softly, you pat her head as she cried, feeling guilty.