Chapter One

A Hard Days Night

A Hard Days Night

Eleanor twiddled with her fingers, something she tended to do when she was nervous. Which she very much was right now, standing in the change room filled with her competition as Doctor Webber had told them all ten minutes earlier.

"I heard one of thems, a model. Seriously, that's gonna help with the respect thing?" The woman with dark hair spoke, standing beside Eleanor as she took a deep breath.

"You're Christina, right?"

"Which resident are you assigned to? I got Bailey." Now Eleanor spun around on her heels to face the two woman.

"You guys got Bailey? Me too."

"The Nazi? Looks like we are all in it together." The blonde woman spoke before a man spoke.

"You got the nazi? So did I." A short, brunette man, from across the room spoke up. At the sight of him, Eleanor thought she felt her heart skip a beat. "At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley. Uh, we met at the mixer. Except for you."

Eleanor smiled, holding her hand out which she happily took, shaking it. "I'm Eleanor, Eleanor Floss. Nice to meet you."

Christina and Meredith, looked to each other rolling their eyes as George awkwardly laughed. "3 woman and 1 man, I'm feeling outnumbered."

"Im sure you'll be fine." Eleanor spoke, a smile on her face as George blushed.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Floss, Stevens." A voice spoke, and George and Eleanor finally pulled their hands away, blushing, and embarrassed as they were brought back to reality.

The four made their way into the hallway, as someone pointed down towards a short African American woman. "That's the nazi?"

"I thought the nazi would be a guy." George spoke up, confused as was Eleanor.

"I thought the nazi would be a nazi."

"Maybe it's professional jealousy." A tall blonde woman interrupted, Stevens.

Eleanor nudged George, a smile on her face. "Now you're really outnumbered."

George rolled his eyes as the five made their way to Bailey, Izzie introduced herself as Bailey looked the group of 5 up and down, unimpressed and annoyed.

"I have five rules. Follow them. Rule number one: don't bother sucking up, I already hate you. That's not gonna change." Eleanor nodded, fair enough. "Trauma protocol, phone list, pagers, nurses will page you. You will answer every page at a run, a run. That's rule number two. Your first shift starts now and last 48 hours."