𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎

FIRST, THERE WAS ONLY LOSERS AMONG A SEA OF STARS.

     Alone, they formed the club by gathering power in their hands. From the power pressed between their fingers, friendships grew.

     From their tears of loneliness, oceans and rivers flowed. From the water, the desolate earth grew lush trees and jungles.

     And from the new earth, friendship was formed, and the losers were not alone. The world was beautiful and exciting, but the group was alone in Derry with no one to share it with. They decided to create a group full of unstoppable teenagers. 

     First, Bill brought forth courage from deep within himself, and and shaped it into The Club.

     The Club was powerful but alone. They wanted only to test the limits of their bonds, busying themselves with their arcade games instead of spending time with their friends.

     Next, Ben brought forth history from the caverns where the mind met the mouth, and he shaped it into the truth. The truth was helpful but scary. He was so immersed in finding new ways to assure himself of safety, that he had no thoughts of the club.

      Last, Veronica brought forth music from the edges of the industries warmest decades, and she shaped it into the Losers.

     The Losers were passionate but selfish. They sought only destruction, not the development of their group. Eventually, the Losers grew tired of trying to save the world.

     The Losers went down into the sewers and planted their bravery deep beneath the ground, to be closer to their futures. Their heartsblood mingled with the humble dirt and, unexpectedly, The Losers Club was born.

     The many members were welcomed, and given a home in Derry, Maine. By nature of their short existence, the Losers Club held more compassion and empathy, loved more fiercely, than any god could through an eternity.

     Veronica and Stanley loved The Losers Club most of all, so they tasked the club with caring for each other—to provide for each other, inspire each other, and learn from each other.

     They sought out a clown, who was guarding the sewer at the center of Derry. The clever demon limped and whimpered into The Losers path, tricking their attention away while they suffered.

     Without their courage to warm their spirits, the Losers Club disappeared.