late nights

Hanging out with their friends and acting like nothing is going on between them was surprisingly easy. They kept their usual banter and made sure not to always sit beside each other. Especially with Taek around, they had to be more careful. But if the guys would only take a closer look at them, they'd notice the frequent glances that they give each other and they would know the secret behind their smiles.

"Ahjussi, is Jung Hwan here?" Deok-sun asked Taek's dad one time when she was looking for Jung Hwan and thought he'd be at Taek's room.

"Yes-" Taek's dad had more to say but Deok-sun already went off and rushed to Taek's room.

"Jung Hwan-ah... let's eat ramyun-" She opened the door and was startled to see Dong-ryong, Sun-woo, and Jung Hwan already eating.

She was quite upset that Jung Hwan didn't call her beforehand. In fact, she was mad about it.

"You're so mean! Why didn't you call me?" She hissed at Jung Hwan while mixing a bowl of rice to the ramyun soup, which was obviously the only food left.

"Since when did we call each other to hang out? We always come here by ourselves." Jung Hwan retorted with his usual attitude.

"You're so mean. I hate you!" She wailed.

"You're so annoying!" He responded.

"Yah! When are you going to grow up? We're not kids anymore." Dong-ryong exclaimed.

"Why are you always fighting? Do you hate each other that much?" Sun-woo sighed.

Jung Hwan and Deok-sun took a quick glance at each other and immediately looked away. If only their friends knew how much they don't hate each other, they'd understand.

Today was quite strange for Deok-sun. Back then, she'd get pissed at Jung Hwan but would immediately forget about it. Now, she feels more agitated.

"Deok sun-ah... mianhe." Jung Hwan held her hands while they made their way home.

Thankfully, the neighborhood was quiet at that hour.

"I can't believe you're actually mad at me. I'm sorry." Jung Hwan felt strange too.

Back then, he enjoyed annoying Deok-sun but now... he feels more considerate of her feelings.

He pulled Deok-sun towards the other street where he can be sure no one will see them.

"No, it's alright. I'm not usually like this. It's strange." Deok-sun shyly looked away and brushed invisible dust off her shirt.

It was a weird feeling, having that kind of conversation with Jung Hwan. After all, she's never had a boyfriend before. Both of them never had relationships before.

"So this is what fighting with your girlfriend feels like, huh?" Jung Hwan smirked and wrapped his arms around Deok-sun.

Deok-sun's heart almost jumped when she heard him say 'girlfriend'. Apart from the kisses and the words they share, it was amazing to hear him say that she was his girl. It's like a confirmation that they were finally together. She couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

"I'm not mad anymore" She pouted.

"You're so cute!" Jung Hwan chuckled and gave her a pinch on the cheek.

"Let's go. It's already late." Jung Hwan said after they shared a sweet hug.

"Andwae! I want to stay a little bit more." Deok-sun hugged him tighter.

Of course, Jung Hwan could never resist. They hugged one more time and savored the warmth of their bodies pressed against each other.