19. Gran Torino

"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names, we can go back to talking about internships."

Internships can be boring or fun. It just depends on the pro agency you intern for.

"Who are you choosing, N/n?" Yuga walks to my desk.

"I don't know. I'm not a pro hero fanatic like Midoriya, so I don't really know much about the latest pro heroes." I say.

"Wow you're really taking this seriously." Yuga drags the empty seat in front of my desk and sits on it. He then moved closer to me, whispering "I remember drunk you saying that this isn't the first time you've been to UA."

I face palm myself. I should never ever drink again. Drunk me sure loves spilling secrets.

I whisper back "yeah."

"Which pro hero did you choose last time?" Yuga whisper asks.

"This kind of old man. I heard he used to be a teacher here in UA, so I chose him."

"Oh? What's his hero name?"

"Gran Torino."

Once the bell rang, signaling it was time to go home, I stood up while putting on my backpack.

Yuga walks towards me, "walk home together?"

"Yeah, but I need to go to the restroom for a moment." I say.

Yuga and I walk towards the bathroom, but Yuga, having nothing but glitter inside his head, left his backpack open and his stuff spilled out. I tried to help him, but I was too lazy and decided to go to the bathroom without him. We agreed on meeting at the front gate of the school.

Nearing the bathrooms, I hear All Might's voice. I stop to listen. For someone who dislikes eavesdropping, I sure do eavesdrop quite a lot.

"...Gran Torino."

Gran Torino? Why's he talking about Gran Torino?

"In fact, the man was my homeroom teacher."

Oh wow, what a small world. I listen in for a little more. I quickly learn that Gran Torino has given Midoriya an offer and it seems he knows about their quirks. Getting uninterested, I decided to not go to the restroom. I start to walk away but I suddenly hear my name.

"Gran Torino has also given Y/n an offer. I don't know why he did, but can you please tell her. Here's another note with his address. It's also up to her if she wants to choose him." All Might tells Midoriya.

Midoriya replies back with "alright!"

Finally done listening, I actually walk away this time. Hmm, Gran Torino has given me an offer. I wonder why.

"Everyone has their costumes, right?"

Once Aizawa was done talking, I said my goodbyes to Yuga before going our separate ways.

"So you chose Gran Torino too?" Midoriya asks me.

I nod my head, "yeah. He was my only offer so I had to give him my appreciation for wanting me."

"Oh." Midoriya nervously laughs.

Finally arriving at Gran Torino's place, Midoriya opens the door. "Hello? We're here from UA High, it's Izuku Midoriya and Y/n. We're really looking forward to.. ahh AHHHH HE'S DEAD!!"