Chapter 3

Photo of Smith Thompson...

<- Oakley POV->

Cole and I are now in free period, we just got our books out that we need for homework. We are now headed towards the school entrance, as we walk out we hear people taking. 

We walk around the corner and spot the new guy Smith and Luke, Smith had smoke in his mouth. I was looking at him and he looked up, I gave him a disgusted look. I should have known that they knew each other. Cole and I give each other that look that says 'Yuck'. 

We keep walking to her car which was only a couple more parking away when I heard the 2 boys talking.

"What's her problem," an unfamiliar voice asked, most probably Smiths. 

"Who Oakley, probably because were smoking, she hates it when people smoke, because of her mum" Luke answered.

"What happened?"

"Sorry man, not my story to tell"

I hopped into the car before I could hear any more of their conversation. But Cole on the other hand was standing outside of the car giving them a death glare. If looks could kill they would be buried 6 feet under by now.

Luke looks over at Cole and gives her an apologetic look. She just nods and hops in the car.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We arrive at Coles's house we walk in and hear pots and pans bang together in the kitchen.

"Mum, we're home," Cole shouted next to me "I'm in the kitchen" We walk to the kitchen to Wendy. Wendy is washing dishes.

"Hey Wendy," I say

"Hey girls hows your day"

"It was fine," Cole answered. 

"Oh, hopefully, tomorrow is better" 

"Yea, So where is Faith," I ask

"She sleeping she should be up any minute if you want to go get her"

"Ok I will be right back"

I walk up the stairs to the spare room to see the cot that Faith is lying in. She is so cute, I am blessed to have an angel like her.

I start to rub her back to wake her up. Her eyes flutter open. I smile at her. I pick her up, Faith lays her head on my shoulder as I carried her down the stairs and to the kitchen. 

"Sam do you want to come with us to get some ice cream," I ask.

"Yes," he screams making Faith jolt up from the loud noise "Sorry."

I buckle Faith up in her car seat that is in Coles's car. I then hope into the passenger seat, "Sam are you buckled up" "Yes Cole."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We arrive at the Ice cream paler 5 minutes later. 

Sam is rushing to undo his seatbelt excitement clear on his face. I laugh at how excited and eager he looks. 

I get out of the car and get Faith out she looks up at me, I give her a smile.

We enter the cute little shop, the shop had light blue walls with a white tile floor. There were booths lining the walls at the far end of the shop was counter and all the ice creams.

We get to the counter, "Hey, what could I get you guys today," A girl around my age askes. 

"Could I please get a vanilla ice cream in a kids cup and a scoop of cookie doe in a waffle cone, what would you guys like?" I ask Cole and Sam

"I would like a double chocolate chip ice cream please," Sam says in a polite voice. The girl behind the counter smiles at him. 

"Umm, could I get a Carmal ripple in a waffle cone"

"Ok, I'll make them now for you guys"

-_-_-_-_-
2 minutes later

"Here you guys are, enjoy"

"Thank you"

We walk to a booth and sat down i put Faith on my knee and start feeding her the ice cream I got her.

After we have finished eating eating our ice cream we start heading towards my house. When we get there I say thank you to Cole and head inside with Faith fast asleep in my arms.

I put Faith in her bed and go to the bathroom doing my night rotain. What was just washing my face brushing my teeth and changing into PJs. Once I finish I grab my computer and lay in bed watching a couple of episonds of friends before falling into a dreamless sleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- 

720 Words

Unedited