~)chapter three(~

The Fyjae's weren't home yet, so I made it into the kitchen for a quick snack, then to my room without a hitch. After closing my door and locking it, I dropped my bag and walked over to the bed to lay down for a bit. An hour later, after much needed nap, I started to think about the half giant from earlier. With the boxes, and big gray van, they were probably just moving in. Though they'll most likely be gone in a month or so after noticing the Fairy next door to them. Then I remembered that the guy had stopped and said hi to me in the driveway. Like I said, Fairies are very distinguishable in a crowd. Either white or gray hair that grows so rapidly that most of my kind do t even bother cutting it. Except for me though. I cut my hair a good two inches from my shoulders. It makes it puffy, but not as puffy as it would be if I did anything else with it. Which brings my to my next point: curly hair is almost always the case with Fairies. As are big and bright, unnatural looking eyes, long, pointy ears, snow white  skin, freckles, lots and lots of freckles, full lips and lots of other character flaws that are almost certain in a Fairy. Some are born with perfectly straight, dark hair or dark eyes, or even small ears with barely noticeable points. It's like the low chance of two white parents having a black child. These are most common in a Fairy doing the do with a half giant or an orc. But in the end, most Fairy kids get sent out in the world with looks that make them clearly look like a Fairy, and pair that up with being born in one of the Fairy hating populations that make up at least sixty percent of Wonderland, and you get a poor kid suffering of daily abuse, poor education, and even cruel experiments. I got lucky. There are so many others out there in a much worse situation then me. I shouldn't complain about a nice house, a decent education and money from a side job as a barista at the local cafe. I usually wear a wig and contacts so that the business doesn't get shit for having a Fairy worker, but at least they let me work there. I sighed. He either hasn't put two and two together or he's trying to bait me into thinking he's a friend, only to stab my in the back later. You can't live in a Fairy hating town without hating Fairies. At least that's what I've learned. In history, we sometimes get a lesson about earth, where Alice the Maker is from. Humans there judge people heavily by their skin color. In Wonderland, that isn't the case. While they are forming riots about inequality of black people, there are wars between to species, like the old war between the Fairies and the humans, or the orcs and the ogres. On earth they are sexist, racist, they change their bodies to an entirely different gender to be happy. In Wonderland, we can't do that. There are things that will change your gender, your skin color, but in the end we're all the same. Except for our species. There are so many different things you could be here: Orc, Ogre, Fairy, Human, Spirit, Imp, Elf, Giant or half Giant, hell, you could be a fucking part fly part squirrel part human Hybrid and be loved. As long as you're in a place where that's possible. In my neighborhood, there are Hybrids, Imps, Ogres and Banshees and I'm the one, horrid, child killing Fairy, who couldn't help what her ancestors did. Who didn't get a choice. Who can't help what she is. And I get shit for it. Tears welled up in my eyes and I sat up to finally take off my shoes. My back and wings were in complete agony, but I was so used to it by now that it didn't faze me at all. I hated how my mind worked: one minute I'm laughing at memes on my phone, the next I'm crying over a long over war that ruined my life. ADHD vibes, I tell you. Then I realized what time it was. The clock read 6:36. Shit. I bolted to my bag and pulled out my homework and ran to the small desk by the corner. I couldn't get after school detention again, not again.

>time skip-next day-1:30<

I woke up to my alarm screaming at me. I was almost thankful for it today, cause I was in the middle of a really bad nightmare, like wake up in tears and cold sweat bad. I sat up and peeled the paper from my cheek. I had just enough time to finish my homework before I passed out. Sighing, I stood up and put the paper back in my bag. I swear they give me extra homework just cause they can. I also realized that I forgot to go to go to Ms Derisain's house yesterday. And the cherry on top, I didn't even need to work on the homework last minute because there's no school today. Fuck me. I pulled my hoodie and top over my head, then took off my shorts and leggings, leaving me in my undergarments. I collapsed into bed and set my alarm clock to wake me up at 5:00. I wanted to get some more sleep before my shift at the cafe.

>time skip-5:00<

The sound of the alarm clock vibrated through my head. Why did it have to be so fucking loud? I sat up in bed and looked out the window. There was a bird outside on the tree. It was kinda cute. I stood up and got dressed in my work uniform: a simple, light purple dress that was a bit to small for me, so it covers up a quarter of my thighs, an apron, white knee high socks, and, just for me, brown contacts and a black wig that covered my ears and white, puffy hair. After I put on some foundation to cover my freckles and some lipstick and eyeshadow that, when applied right, makes my eyes look a lot smaller. Stuffing the wig into my bag and contacts into my pocket, I slung the bag over my shoulder and bolted. Outside my door, in the mirror hanging in the hallway, I saw that my hair had grow a bit, and now grazed my shoulders. And as expected, my hair looked fluffier then usual. I didn't have time to cut it now. I'll just do it after work. I ran down the stairs and, to my relief, since I didn't check before I made a ton of noise, the Fyjae's weren't home. They worked at the local aquarium, doing tours and checking on the aquatic animals there. I don't go there often, since the only day they aren't there is when it's closed, but sometimes I go there after work with the wig and contacts. I like it there. The fish don't judge. Or if they did, they don't say anything at least. I opened the door and ran head first into a brick wall. What the shit? I felt hide arms circle around me to keep me from falling. They pressed against my wings and I couldn't stop the groan that escaped my throat. It hurt a lot.
"Oh gods, I'm so sorry. I was going to knock but then you ran into me and-" the rant stopped short as we made eye contact. He was so fucking tall. Chris looked like he was... no. I'm not using his fucking name. He looked like he was in a daze as he looked over my features. His honey brown eyes half lidded and his mouth open slightly.
"I'm sorry, didn't mean to run into you," I said, before slipping past him and onto the driveway.
"Oh, wait!" He called to me, but I ignored him. "I never got your name!"
"You'll learn it soon enough."
"What do you mean by that?"
"What do you mean by "I never got your name"?" We were now on the sidewalk passing the now not so vacant house. I turned to him and crossed my arms over my chest. He tilted his head to the side in confusion.
"Well, I wanted to know your name. We're new here and I'm going to Danikae High School, a little ways from here. It'd be nice to know someone." I glared at him.
"Well, I already said that you'll know me soon enough." And with that, I turned on my heel and left.

Sorry this chapter took so long. I had classes and homework and shit like that sooooo... stay safe!