Chapter 7- Rhinestone Eyes

❤︎1st person POV

I could tell by the way she waltzed in the classroom that she wasn't up to any good.
She wasn't like Chloe, she seemed vicious. She seemed... well, like she has something against me.
I just can't figure out what it is.
I was fine with her in the morning, almost excited to finally not be the new girl anymore.
But when I came into contact with her toxicity, I realised everything.
Sitting down at my seat, I noticed my desk mate Nathaniel wasn't there. How great. I felt so lonely at the top of the classroom.
"Class," Ms. Bustier announced, "we have a new student joining us today!"
The last time the teacher said that, I was the one standing next to her. But now in my place, it was another girl. She was quite tall, with a slender body and long, hip-length dark scarlet hair with bangs similar to a horse mane. Her hair is loosely tied at the tips with orange bands where she has two shorter strands of hair. Maybe her horse girl phase isn't yet over.
"My name is Lila, and I moved here from Achu." I noticed her rhinestone eyes scanning the room, like factories far away.
I followed her gaze, I'd like to think I was the only one who noticed her fixation on Adrien. What's there to think much of? He's plastered on every street in Paris.
Ms. Bustier clasped her hands together, "Now, Lila, would you like to sit next to (Y/N) for this lesson? We'd have to move you once Nathaniel returns, since that is his usual spot. (Y/N), give us a wave?"
I did a gentle wave, bringing out my sheepish smile, but what Lila said next caught me off guard.
"Ow.. Um.." Lila started, "I have, um, very bad tinnitus in my left ear... ouch.. It would be really hard to hear from all the way up there."
Ms. Bustier seemed surprised, "Well then.. I suppose some rearranging could be done.."
The class remained silent as Ms. scanned the room, "Adrien, could you please move next to (Y/N) today to allow Lila to sit up front?"
Adrien quickly stood up from his seat and nodded without question. He turned to climb up the stairs and shot me the widest grin I'd ever seen on him.
"Wait!" Lila spoke again, "I can't have an aisle seat! I get really bad umm... nausea! I get so anxious all the time being in front, you know." Lila pouted and shuffled her feet.
Adrien's grin faded, but he quickly ran up to my desk to avoid being called back by the teacher. Smart move, Adrien.
Ms. Bustier turned to Nino, "Nino, please sit where Adrien normally is, and Lila, there's your seat right by the door!"
Lila almost looked lost for words as she stood in front of the class for a few seconds longer. She appeared to scoff as she strode to her seat next to Nino. I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me, but I received a sharp glare from her rhinestone eyes.
Confusion riddled my mind, "Adrien!" I whispered.
He looked over at me, "I know what you're about to say, and yes, I saw it.. What was that for?"
I shrugged at him with a worried expression as the teacher begun the lesson.

❤︎

The shrill of the bell, followed by a dismissal of class. A perfect start to lunch. Gathering my books, I exchanged a glance with Adrien, and motioned my head towards the new girl.
"I think I'm gonna talk to her." Adrien looked a bit worried as I said that.
He followed me down the stairs, whispering as he caught up to me, "I'll go with you, just in case."
The girl, Lila, was still at her desk, as if she wanted someone to approach her.
I beamed at her, "Hi, Lila right?"
She nodded, narrowing her eyes while still smiling at me.
I kept my composure, "I'm (Y/N), and this is my-"
"Your boyfriend?" Lila seemed to pout as her smile faded.
Adrien and I looked at each other with wide eyes, "No, no. This is Adrien, and we're friends." I hope I cleared that up. Why would she say something so bold? I exchanged another glance with Adrien, he seemed rather disappointed, I wasn't sure why. He probably lost hope in Lila.
Lila turned her head to the side a bit, "Oh, I see." Did she have any interest in being our friend?
"Well," Adrien started, "would you like to hang out with our group today at lunch? We think you could use a friend, since you're new and that."
"Oh yes! That's so nice of you!" She leaned over the desk and swung her arms around Adrien's shocked figure, he tried his best to push her off.
Adrien's uncomfortableness was passed onto me by the amount of weird looks he kept giving me.
We started to make our way to the others, Lila insisting she had to hold onto Adrien's arm while walking because she has such bad balance when it comes to staircases, "It's true. When I was twelve, I broke both of my arms and legs from falling down stairs. I have to hold onto someone."
Adrien pouted at me ever so subtly when we approached the staircase, "Hey Lila, I've actually got to go to the bathroom.. Why don't you walk with (Y/N), she can hold your hand." Adrien started to quickly stride away, I saw him wince. I think he knew he left me in the dust.
I turned to Lila, offering her my hand. All I received was a cold glare as she walked down the stairs, not even holding the rails.
Wanting to say something, I didn't. Purely because I didn't know what to say.