Life as a youngster

NO CHARACTER POV.

"Hey, hey hey hey I'm not the one hiding a secret boyfriend on the other side of that phone." Derek Morgan playfully teased.

"Please you really think Prentiss could have a boyfriend?" Elle choked.

"Heyy what's that supposed to mean?" Emily whined, wadding up a sticky note and throwing it into the brunettes hair.

"She does have a fair point Em, I've never seen you stare at guys the way you stare at girls." JJ smirked, winking at Emily before heading to her office. Emily mouth stayed wide open with little fragments of her struggle to find the words to say.

The rest of the burst out laughing, excluding Emily and of course Reid who was confused by the whole situation. Eventually they all settled down and went back to doing their boring desk work.

"Prentiss my office." Hotch's voice boomed across the desks straight to the professional yet juvenile bunch.

"Ouuu Prentiss is in trouble." Emily said whilst typing out a report. It eventually clicked inside her brain making her face up with a blank stare.
"Wait, I'm prentiss?" Emily groaned getting up from her rolling chair.

"I told you to cut back on the Splenda!" Derek shouted as Emily got to Hotch's door, to which she shot back a shrewd somehow sarcastic smile.

"Okay, whatever I did I'm telling you it's Derek's fault." Sitting down, a desk separating Hotch and Emily. "He was the one that put the sticky notes all over the office, and it was his fault the coffee pot exploded an-"

"Prentiss, you're not here because you've done something wrong, but we will talk about that coffee pot later." He said starring her down.

She cracked a smile trying to nod it off.
"So if I haven't done something wrong, then why did you wanna see me so urgently?" Emily asked.

"It's your mother. She's coming down from Greece to visit for a conference,an-"

"And she wanted you to convince me to try and talk with her?" Emily asked. Hotch nodded to which she replied by sucking her teeth before she said something highly inappropriate in a work place.

"Tell her I said no." Emily snarled. "But it's your mother she's coming all the way down here for you." Hotch tried to reason with her.

"No Hotch she's coming down here for a press conference. I wasn't even a priority when she HAD to take care of me." She blinked quickly so tears wouldn't be seen.

"Emily, I know you're birthday is tomorrow I'm not stupid. Obviously she wants to fix those years she messed up so just give her a chance." Hotch said getting impatient but not showing it.

"I'll think about it." Emily said getting up and leaving his office. 

She walked back down to her desk as nothing had happened, and she didn't almost just cry at the announcement her mother was coming to town.

"What the boss man want?" Derek asked playing with his red felt tip pen.

"Just about something I did." She said not paying any attention to him. "Well what did you do?" He asked leaning in closer.

Emily turned to him tilting my head and smiling.
"Your mom." His face fell at the sudden retort.

"Okay Prentiss just because Tara took the day off doesn't mean you have to pick up the 'your mom' jokes for her." Alvez said from his desk.

"Awww want me to do your mom next." She playfully winked. JJ walked behind me after retrieving a cup of coffee. Leaning down next to Emily's ear with her hand lightly on her shoulder her words flowed through Emily's ears like a symphony.

"Em behave and play nice or I'll ground you." She whispered. Emily shuttered a little a JJ's voice tone.

"You okay there Prentiss?" Matt asked.

"Yes princess you're looking a little red in the face there." Elle smirked.

Emily waved them off and went back to work. Even though JJ was taunting her mind; as she was every day, the thought that her mother would be in town tomorrow popped back into her head making her dread what was to come.

THE NEXT DAY...

"Morning guys, Morgan there better be coffee left in that pot of so help me." Emily scowled as she saw Derek pouring his liquid energizer.

That's when Emily heard it a voice behind her that almost sent her into shock.

"Emilia that's really no way to speak to your co-worker, and such a handsome young man at that." An all to hauntingly familiar voice said.

Emily hesitated turning around, but did so anyways.
"Mother, you're here!" Emily said, trying to sound happy but ultimately failing.

"Well don't sound so excited to see me Emilia." Her mother rolled her eyes. Derek chuckled at this while walking back to his desk. Now he sees where Emily gets her sarcasm from.

"So mother what are you doing here? Don't you have a conference to be at or something?" Emily asked wanting to be anywhere but there.

"Oh Emilia-"

"Please don't call me that, my name is Emily." Emily said growing frustrated.

"Well Emily, you didn't really think I was going to miss my only daughters birthday did you?" Her mother asked catching the attention of a bubbly blonde.

"Emily Prentiss it's your birthday and you didn't even tell me?!" Penelope said coming up behind her to lightly flick her on the head. JJ came up to relax the situation. "Pen I put it on your calendar." She said leading the other blonde away.

Emily's heart fluttered at the thought that Jennifer remembered her birthday. Soon coming back to reality and her mother she thought of a quick and simple way to fall with no body around.

"Emili-Emily do we really have to talk in a place where you interrogate hardened criminals?!" Her mother protested.

"Do you wanna talk or not?" Emily said folding her arms. Her mother scoffed and sat down in the metal chair across from hers.

"So, tell me how have you been? How are you doing any new relationships?" Emily shook her head at her mothers sudden interest in her.

"Well if you really wanna know how I've been and how I'm doing. I was undercover in a church with Reid when one of our covers got blown, I took the heat for it and in return I got beaten to the point it hurt to breath. Then Ian Doyle, yea you remember him well he escaped a prison in and came after me, I eventually caught up to him though and we had our little toggle I ended up getting staked I know fun right, but then I had to fake my death and after I came back everyone despised me. Then we had a case and we had to catch the man who killed Matthew Benton. Yea you remember that name. The team found out about my abortion and have walked on eggshells around me since when regards to a baby pops up, and as for my love life. Well, I watched the woman I love kiss another man and fall in love with him because I pushed her to him ME I did that because I was stupid. So yea there's how my life has been are you satisfied?!" Emily said tears falling from her eyes.

"E-Emily did you say the WOMAN you loved?!" Emily's mother asked becoming enraged.

"God did you even listen to anything else?! I WAS KIDNAPPED! I ALMOST DIED BUT ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS THAT I LOVE JENNIFER?!" Emily shouted. She quickly covered her mouth with her hands in realization at what she had just said.

Her mother said nothing more except for her up and left as Emily followed behind her, her eyes puffy from crying. As soon as she got out the door she saw JJ and Elle standing by the glass window.

Realizing they had probably just heard the confession she made, she lowered her head and walked with in shame back to her desk to finish this day of hell.

A/N

Hey guys, here's another one shot.

Would y'all like a part 2 to this with a little Jemily drama or just leave it where it is?

Let me know I'm the comments.! <3

*idea from an edit I made*