They were fast. Running through the trees with the button tucked under Marcus Salvatoris' arm. Him and Victoria Lux rushed through the woods. A dark cloud pooled over an ocean as they approached a cliff. They looked out to sea as a girl with long bright red curly hair and blue eyes floated over the water.

He ran a hand through his hair. "It's over, Mortua. We've won. You no longer have control over the device."

Mortua laughed a deadly laugh. It tore across the ocean like a tidal wave.

"I have POWER! That device meant NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. You were always so foolish Marcus. Willing to believe that you had the upper hand.  You are always too quick to assume that you've won. So quick that you overlook the obvious. I have natural power!"

And she exploded. Bright black smoke billowed across the water. Her eyes lit up a bright white and large black wings sprouted from her back.

"You're never careful enough. Perhaps that's why both your parents died. Why your sister is locked away in a mental institute. Why your uncle and aunt hate you. Why they whisper behind your back about how expensive it is to look after you. They would all be better off without you."

Victoria began to whisper into his ear.

"Ignore her, Marcus. She's just trying to get to you."

"HAHAHA! Victoria, Victoria. How can you reassure him when you couldn't even get a date to the prom. You're a joke! People laugh at you when you aren't there! They mock you. Couldn't even get a date to a lame school party. Trying to convince him it's all going to be ok. It won't be ok!" 

And with that Mortua bloomed with even more power. A huge shock whipped through the trees and Marcus fell to his knees.

"I'VE WON!" She screamed.

Professor Daemon paused the video.

"Exemplary performance from Mortua Diabolus. Marcus, you need to work on your resolve as a man. Victoria, good job trying to calm him but essentially you fell as well. So next time try protecting yourself first, then protect another. Now class, Mortua demonstrated a skill we haven't covered yet, however I would like to point out it is a good one. She used her personal connections to someone, in order to take them down. She used what she knew of Marcus' life to weaken him. It was extraordinary to watch so give a hand for Mortua!" He said.

I stood up, bowing to the class. "There is no opponent easier than one you know." I said. Professor Daemon nodded, smiling proudly.

I'm Mortua Diabolus and I'm training to be a supervillain.

I attend a school called Schola Potens. Which, in latin, means school of the powerful. We have a motto here, "Tantum dignus relinquam pugnam operuit in cicatrices, et certa alia" Which means "Only the worthy will leave a fight covered in scars and fight another" It means that only people destined for greatness can fight someone, get hurt and pick themselves up to fight again.

The school is split into good and bad. Most classes we take together but a few are separate. For example, I take Tactic of battle. This is taken apart from the good because we get taught how to fight each other. However the practicals for this class are taken together because there's nothing like first hand education. I learn best on the field.

I'm in my final so it's almost time to go out into the world. And I would be scared if I wasn't thrown off a cliff as a small child.

I'm an angel. I'm sure in your mind you're thinking white being with white feathery wings and a halo. Well that's a complete inaccuracy. In reality I'm  just a normal person. I have waist length curly red hair, bright blue eyes and hella freckles. I'm slightly tan in complexion and kind of on the short side. I'm 5'3. The only difference between me and you is I sprout large black wings and I have the power to wipe out entire civilisations.