Professor Daemon's office was in a tall turret attached to the main school building. It was up some spiralled stairs made of stone. Really adding to his villainous status. I thought he was so cool. He was always saying that he knew from a young age that being a supervillain was his calling. That he had a destiny to follow and it consisted of controlling the world. He had always planned to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather so on so forth.

 I had always thought that your parents were your destiny. You were meant to grow up into them. Which explains why I'm such a good villain. My parents were alcoholics and abusive. My dad would always hit me as a kid. But he was my whole life when I was five. We used to ride the swings at the park. Then when he turned on me I began comparing him to the villains in my fairytales.

 And I realised those villains always seemed so much happier than the heroes. They had no worries. They did whatever they wanted. They were free. And I wanted that. I wanted to fight people. 

I saw kids beating up a kid once. And I wanted to fight too so I punched the bullies. I felt an adrenaline rush and before I knew it I was floating. My dad had grabbed me and we had realised I had powers. It must have skipped a couple generations but the gene was back. And I had it.

People like me existed but it was always genetic. My parents told me my great great great great great great great great great grandmother godiva was an angel. she married a human and thus, the gene was in our family line.

I was always going to be a villain. So It made sense for me to fight people.

I trailed after Professor Daemon sulkily. He frowned at me as I sat down in a large armchair at his desk. Victoria sat in the chair next to mine and the professor watched us. He sat, hands on the desk, clasped together, with a frown deeper than the mariana trench forcing his eyebrows to furrow like moles.

I looked at him, so disappointed in myself for making him frown.

"Victoria," he said after a minute, "Don't pick a fight with someone you know is way stronger than you. That's stupid. Now get out." I watched her leave. My eyes flicked back to Professor Daemon. He was watching me closely.

"I would rather, Ms Diabolus, that you did not pick fights with our heroes. Pick fights with villains. Heroes need intensive training, which I'm sure you would enjoy, and they need to focus on that. Pus, they aren't as powerful as you. You're destined for greater fights than Victoria Lux, so please, don't flap your wings in the direction of any odd idiot who comes your way. I'm incredibly disappointed." He said. I nodded.

"Yes sir, I understand. I am so sorry. I never meant to disappoint you. I'm a massive fan. i promise  I'll be better." I said. I thought this was what he wanted to hear but it just made him look at me with an even angrier face.

"GET OUT RIGHT NOW!" He yelled. I scrambled out of my chair and raced for the door. I ran down the stairs and out the door. I was running so fast I didn't see Marcus until I was lying on top of him on the ground.

"I AM SO SORRY, MARCUS!!" I exclaimed loudly. He chuckled.

"It's Ok, Mortua. I've been knocked down much harder than this in training." He chuckled softly like he'd told a joke or made a pun or something. I rolled my eyes. "So I've heard." I mumbled.

"Excuse me?" He said. I quickly sat up.

"I wasn't rolling my eyes at you! I just- It's just I just came from, um, Professor Daemon's office and he mentioned- and I - you know what nevermind. I wasn't talking to you, don't worry about it."

"Right... Anyway, Mortua, do you mind? You're kind of heavy." He said, pointing to me sitting on him.

"Right, Oh my god, Marcus, I am so sorry." I got off him and helped him up. He thanked me and then said he had to get to class. I watched him walk away. He was sweet.