I woke up with one mission. Get through the rest of the year without drawing attention to myself. I'm not going to provoke another teacher or fight heroes or wake the whole campus up at three am because I'm hearing voices. I just want to make it out of here alive.

I avoided Professor Daemon and Victoria Lux. I didn't spend that much time with Marcus anymore and I only sparred with Villains. I tried to spar weaker so as not to attract attention to my clear upper-hand over my classmates. They were weak. Their parries slow and their feet heavy. I played heavy defence. Never spread my wings, never blasted them with harsh elements. I was the perfect average student.

Soon enough it was the end of the year and I was graduating. I aced my exams, scoring a solid 97% I could have gotten 100% but I needed to make subtle mistakes so as not to draw people to me. I still scored above average. 

I ran into Professor Daemon a few times and he always asked me which exam I was taking. However he always frowned when I told him, shook his head and marched away, robes flapping like raven wings.

He was never satisfied with me. I could never understand it. But I didn't require affirmation from him.  I didn't need his approval because he was no one to me.

At my graduation, my dad stood at the back, frowning, and trying to discreetly sip his hip flask. I couldn't look him in the eyes. But that's normal. And I know he's proud that I too have realised that villainy means freedom. He saw it too late in life, I mean, he'd already had a child before he saw. I was doing what he wanted. He had to be proud.

I walked up to the headmaster, took my diploma, smiled at people, shook hands and went back to my seat. I sat and waited for everyone to get their diploma. Then we all threw our mortar boards in the air and that was that. I was graduated. I was done with school. Now I was out in the world. I'm a real person. Who has to self sustain.

I'm on my own.

Suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder. I flinched and looked at the person behind me. It was Marcus, and he was holding a large bouquet of flowers and smiling at me with this unreadable look.

"I know we didn't talk much after the speaker thing, but I wanted to wish you all the best out there. And I hope I have to stop you from enslaving a whole nation and save the world from you sometime soon." 

I chuckled. "Yeah me too." 

And he then he plucked a rose from his bouquet and handed it to me. "Good Luck, Mortua Diabolus."

"Goodbye, Marcus Salvatoris."

And he walked away. I smiled at him as he walked off into the horizon. I would miss this place. All the memories. I smiled sadly at all the grey walls with their towering turrets and the climbing ivy that snakes up the walls like a disease. It was beautiful. And it wasn't part of my life, I was part of it's. I would probably not be remembered here, but the school will be for me. I will always remember my days here.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I spun to look at the very familiar face.

"I guess you're off to do evil things now, huh?" Said Professor Daemon. I nodded.

"Yes sir. No thanks to you."

He shook his head.

"So headstrong. You have no idea of the strength you have."
"What and you do?" I said, growing slightly annoyed.

"No. I don't. So I guess you and I are the same." He laughed to himself like that was some hilarious joke. I was beginning to think he was insane.

"Nevermind about me, Professor Daemon. I think I'll be heading off to my house now." I said, and began to back away.

"I'll be seeing you, Mortua." He said, and I turned around and sped out of there. He was definitely insane.

I got into my car, which had already been packed the night before with all of my belongings. I drove away from my school, the place that, for the last four years, had been my home. My whole life was in that building. My friends, my family. But I was an adult now. I was finally truly free. 

And with that thought I stopped my car, right there in the middle of the street and I climbed out of my car and I flew. I spread my dark wings, and I flew straight up into the air at what must've been 60mph. I was actually free. I had no obligations to anything or anyone. I didn't have laws, rules, regulations. Ii had no boss or employees. I was totally alone in this world and I loved it.

I sank back to the ground, remembering that other people might be driving down that road and I was probably in their way. I got back into my car and continued to drive towards my new home.

I unloaded my stuff into the house. I arranged my furniture and put things away in cupboards. My school, as a parting gift, had given us all a whole bunch of cool things, one of them being money for a house. So I had bought one. And now here I was. I grabbed a  towel, hopped in the shower and stood there, under the scalding hot water, just thinking about all the things I can do now. I suddenly got a chill. Almost like I was meant to be doing something else. But I ignored it. I was allowed to take a shower.

I would take over the world tomorrow.