Minho - When he makes you cry

IMAGINE

"I'm done decorating it! What do you think?" You jumped excitedly and showed the cake to your close friend Felix, who helped you today

"It turned out amazing!" He complimented as he showed you a thumbs up.

"Wow that looks delicious."

Changbin was about dig in as he grabbed a fork but you and Felix immediately held him back.

"Changbin no it's for Minho."

Changbin pouted. "It's not even his birthday I want a bite!"

"When there's some left, you can have it. He's almost home you guys have to leave sorry!" You guided them to the front door.

"But the kitchen-"

"It's okay Lix I'll clean it by myself later."

"Leave some of the cake out for me!" You then closed the door.

They were right, it wasn't Minho's birthday but you just wanted to surprise him a bit. Just to show your thanks to him for being there for you and for being a good boyfriend.

A few minutes after your friends have left, Minho arrived home. You got the cake ready when you heard the front door open.

You excitedly went to him. "Hi babe, how was your day?"

"Fine." His reply was short and dry.

It was obvious that he had a bad day although he was wearing a straight face. You thought maybe your small preparation would cheer him up at least.

"Look, do you want some cake?" You went to the table and showed him your self made cake.

"I don't want that cake. I'm going upstairs." Minho only took a glance at it.

Your shoulders dropped at the rejection.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay if you would leave me alone Y/n."

You stopped your tracks. The tone of Minho's voice wasn't as harsh as his words.

He went inside the room and you stood there feeling your fragile heart crack. Your eyes landed on the cake that was on the table and felt tears escape your eyes. I guess that wasn't such a good idea...you thought. You went back to the kitchen as you still had to clean up the mess.

After Minho, who was in the room, changed his clothes, his phone made a ding. He grabbed his phone with an exhausted sigh and saw a new message from Changbin.

Changbin:
Hyung leave some of Y/n's cake out for me pwease🥺

Minho:
Y/n's cake?

Changbin:
Yeah the cake she baked for you even though it's not even your birthday?
She didn't let me even have a bite earlier 🙄
Please?
Hyuuuuuung😩

Minho felt a pang of guilt in his chest. "Shit..."

He rubbed his head in frustration. He wanted to punch himself for his actions earlier, He must've hurt your feelings. Minho then left the bedroom and went back down and to the kitchen. The kitchen was messy.

Your back was facing him and you were washing the dishes. Minho heard a few sniffs and even saw how you wiped your tears on your shoulder. It broke his heart to see you crying. And being the cause of it, he felt even more guilty.

Minho spotted the cake on the table that you made for him. You've taken a few bites from it earlier so it's no longer completely whole.

Minho approached you and placed a hand on your shoulder before turning you around and pulling you into his embrace. Your face was buried in his chest whilst he caressed your head.

"I'm sorry baby. I was acting like an asshole please don't cry." He said in a soft tone.

"I had a bad day at work today. I shouldn't have let my anger out on you like that." He pulled aways and cupped your face, looking into your eyes.

"I'm sorry..." He repeated.

You shook your head. "No, it's okay. I should've just let you cool down first cuz you were in a bad mood."

Minho denied and wiped your tears away.

"Nope, I'm completely at fault." He pecked your nose before he picked your body up in Minho style. (You know the way he picked up Han at the fansign lol.)

"Yah Minho!" You shrieked as he started spinning you around and you guys were back to being the dorky couple.

"You're dead!"

"Ok I'll stop." Minho laughed and finally put you down.

"Let me help you clean up the kitchen, then let's eat the lovely cake that you made together, leaving nothing for Changbin."

You giggled at his request before you he started helping you in the kitchen.