Chapter 6

ALESSIA

"There is no way in hell I'm giving you my passwords. You have no right to come here and tell me how to run my fucking pack!" He yelled.

I started laughing. I couldn't help myself. I know he's older and he's been acting like this for years without anyone challenging him but he's pissing me off so all I can do is laugh because if I don't, he's not going to like what I do.

I'm trying hard to wait until I get all the information in before I deal with him. I'm trying to be fair but he's making this hard.

"Lucas, gather up all the omegas and bring them here. I want to meet them." I said and he nodded before walking out of the door.

We are capable of mind-linking anyone from every pack, but the only problem is, if someone has been beaten enough then their wolf will be too weak to communicate. Also, if a person has grown up being abused, they are unlikely to get their wolf when the other teenagers get theirs. It takes a lot of strength for someone to transform into their wolf, so malnutrition and abuse plays a huge part in it.

I want to make sure every single omega is brought into this office, I'm not sure if he has any locked away or has ordered them to stay hidden. Lucas is going to search the grounds to make sure he finds them all.

Lucas being Jessica's mate, he has become a great friend of mine. We work well together so when we are out in the field, he knows what I want without me having to tell him.

I'm sitting there watching him. He keeps trying to mind link someone. He hasn't realized what I've done. When he attempts, he feels it being blocked, almost like when one puts their wall up to block you out because they don't want to talk or are busy. Since he's an alpha, usually if they try hard enough, they can knock down the wall and get through. He's looking down so I can't see his eyes glazed over but there is nothing he can do. He can't overpower me. I'm listening to everything he says. He's trying to get in contact with his son Jesse, the beta and his third. He's telling them to get to the omegas and hide them away from the pack house.

This fucking idiot! If he was ever paying attention in meetings or listening to people talk about me, he would know all I'm capable of. He wouldn't be sitting here like a dumbass trying to outright go against me.

"You do know I can hear you, right? There is no use trying to contact them because not only do you have no access to your wolf, but everyone that is high in command in your pack is detained. NOW, it's time for you to give me those passwords before I lose my patience with you.'' I said while he looked at me dumbfounded.

There was a knock on the door and several omegas walked in with their heads down. I immediately made it to where Conner wouldn't be able to get out of the chair because what I was about to do, I knew he would try to attack them for speaking up. I walked up to Conner and handed him a piece of paper and pen and ordered him to write the passwords, he had no choice but to comply.

"Hello everyone. Please take a seat. I assure you that no harm will come to you so relax." I said to the omegas, and they all sat down hesitantly.

I looked at them. You could see bruises of all stages of healing on them. I could feel my blood boiling.

"Jaxson, will you take some of the guards and escort Conner to a cell?" I asked him. He nodded, gave me a kiss on my temple before grabbing Conner by the arm and dragging him out kicking and screaming.

I asked all the warriors to leave the room through mink link, leaving me in the room with just the omegas.

"First off, I want to tell you that none of you are in trouble. I simply want to speak to you without anyone in here to make you feel uncomfortable." I said in a low voice.

I looked at the first girl sitting closest to me. She has old bruises on the side of her face and neck. You can tell that she was slapped and choked. I looked down at her arms and I could see scars. Some had long cuts going up and down and others were little, small circles like she was burned.

"What is your name and how old are you?" I asked.

"My name is Cassie and I'm sixteen." She said and I almost started crying.

"What have they done to you?" I asked, looking at her.

"They beat me. Sometimes it's because I don't finish my chores on time or just because they want to. They don't let us eat. Sometimes they will give us scraps or make us go catch our food even though they know we don't have our wolves." she whispered while looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Who does that to you?" I asked.

"The alpha, beta, third and the kids my age. Sometimes it's the others but those are the ones that usually do it when the alpha tells them to. He sits and watches the pack beat us." she said.

"How does the alpha's son treat you?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

"He doesn't abuse us. He used to stand up for us, but the alpha just ignored him, or we used to get beat worse, so he stopped. Once he turned eighteen, the alpha was supposed to step down and give it to his son but when that didn't happen, Jesse stopped hanging around the pack house and started spending more time in his room or with his mate." She said.

I looked over at the others and they nodded their heads. They told me similar stories about being forced to quit school so they could stay home and tend to the pack, and it broke my heart.

I mind linked Jaxson to find Jesse and send him to me.

"As of today, Alpha Conner is no longer your alpha. He will be charged for his crimes. Things will change and you no longer will live in fear. If anything ever happens and you need help, please call me and I will send someone to handle it immediately." I said while handing them my card.

I excused them all and they left. As they left, Jaxson came through the door with Jesse.

We both sat down and discussed what was going on. He clearly was nothing like his father, but he had no way of helping. He had no power to do anything. The pack was clearly afraid to stand up to him, so he was on his own. I also found out that his mate was an omega. Out of fear of what his father would do, he hid her away in a rundown cottage on the far end of their territory where she stayed all the time.

Jessica was going over the financial reports and found out that Conner was transferring money from the packs account to his own on a regular basis. That's why the reports looked the way they did because we didn't know where the money was going. He didn't even try to hide it. Jessica was able to go into his account and transfer all the money back. Don't think Conner is going to need it because he's going to be locked up for a long time.

At the end of the day, we finished going through everything and listening to people tell us what was going on, I called the pack for a meeting outside of the pack house.

"Hello again. Sorry to call you again so soon but there are some things I need to tell you. Effective immediately, Alpha Conner is stepping down. Your new alpha will be Alpha Jesse. He will name his beta and third within the next couple of days after careful consideration.

Also, things are going to change around here. I am aware of the mistreatment of others. Conner encouraged this behavior but that will not be tolerated. I'm going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt that you did it because that's what you were told by your alpha but if it happens again, you will face serious consequences. I have zero tolerance for it, and I will personally see to it that you receive a harsh punishment.

Last thing I wanted to speak to you about. Conner stole money from the pack and transferred it into his own personal account. Most of it has been recovered. Once we get everything settled, everyone who works will get paid. Not one person in this pack will work for free. Everyone will share the responsibility to maintain the pack house. Also, repairs to the pack will start soon as well.

Now, we still have a few things to go through so things run smoothly through this transition, but you are all free to go home now. Have a good night. Thank you everyone for their help." I said.

As everyone disappeared to their homes, I only had to make sure the omegas had suitable living arrangements. From what I've been told, as of right now they don't. They live in small, rundown rooms in the attic and basement. Jesse helped me find empty rooms in the pack house and we are currently assigning them out to those in need.