{1} Left To Their Imagination

I don't own the Vampire Diaries, but my OCs are my own. It's only polite courtesy not copy other writer's works and characters that people worked very hard to create. I'm going to try posting this again - this is actually my second try on Wattpad. Anyways, enjoy! Let me know what you think! -Her Lady

Chapter One

Left To Their Imagination

=-The New World-=

1024

"Heidi!" I looked up from my work, frightened to face Yvonne's snapping impatience. It took me a moment to realize I had been frozen with apprehension for she yelled in her crisp voice again, "Heidi!"

Collecting my thoughts, I rushed to my feet and nearly tripped at the edges of my already torn skirt. "Coming!"

I ran out of the meeting hall after stacking the books correctly and didn't notice my aunt exiting out of the dinning hall. Even with my lack of acknowledgement, she understood my haste since these occurences had happened too many times throughout the years. It was better for my sake to humor Yvonne before she followed on her tendencies to punish me for my laziness. Upon reaching her door, I took a calming breath and forced my anxiety to the deepest part of my stomach. My mistress was not a kind woman indeed, but I could not force her to change for a girl she obviously did not care for.

"Yvonne?" I called out unevenly, cursing myself when my voice wavered with uncertainty.

In the silence, I could literally hear the smirk in Yvonne's voice as she snapped at me to get in. As she stood in front of me, my mistress was a beautiful girl of twenty three years. Her golden ringlets were combed away from her pale oval face, her skin was flawless and clear from the lack of dirty work, and her doe-like eyes shone under the color of spring grass. They proceeded to narrow at my figure, a nasty glint flashing in those green orbs. She abruptly turned and threw her wooden brush at me. "Here!"

Catching it with ease, I swallowed nervously when she seemed displeased at my fast reflexes. "You wish for me to brush your hair?"

"Was I not clear enough?" Yvonne growled harshly. "And wash your hands. My hair is not a rag to clean the dirt in them." After doing as she said, she allowed me to comb through her soft curls as I always did when we were younger. When I accidentally yanked too hard, she let out a peeved hiss. "Gentler, Heidi!"

"Forgive me-"

"Slow as a snail, are we?"

"It has been a long morning . . ." I replied carefully.

After another agitated glare, she settled back into her seat with a hard scowl that twitched upward at each slow breath. "Just mind what you are doing!"

I could not help but envy her slightly - though not for her appearance or her terrible personality - but for the amount of freedom she was entitled to at birth. I was given the same right which I unwillingly lost as a child out of desperation from my family to enter into the new world. Yvonne could do most of what she wanted to and was not bound by servitude to another family. After Tatia, Yvonne was also courted by many suitors and crowded by rows of admirers. Friends were not hard to come by for a woman such as her, despite her rotten characteristics of greed and vanity.

"A new group of people have arrived, fresh from sea." When I stayed silent, Yvonne faced me again with a raised eyebrow. "Well?"

"Yes Yvonne?"

She shot me an annoyed sneer before returning to her train of thought. "I can only imagine the stories they will tell of the world outside this miniscule of a village. Are you not excited to meet with such people - well, that is if you shall ever meet them?"