Chapter Fifteen - A Gold Door, Honey Trap

Shooting up to the sky, a blast of light and her scream echoed, destroying most of her enemies.

General Lu Yang was shocked. "What! How can she be alive?"

Sun Hei teleported in front of him and held him by the neck, and fire from her hand engulfed his entire body as he screamed in agony. As she dropped him to the ground, the rest fled back, frightened. Her steps pierced the ground as she landed, creating a big hole from a blast.

Everyone bowed down; before her and declared, "You are worthy to be our master!"

"Master, please spare us!" they cried out.

Sun Hei's anger was kindled against him, but because they humbled themselves, she had mercy on them and sensed their surrender.

'Why should I not kill you all?" She asked.

"We will serve you until this book vanishes and withers like grass, Master. We devote our lives to you," said Yu Lin, General Lu Yang's cousin.

Sun Hei sighed, "Alright, release me so I can join my friends."

"Yes, Master. Here's the door," he said.

A gold door appeared, opening to the real world.

'I hope this isn't a trap,' Sun Hei thought. She entered and vanished like smoke. As her eyes opened she saw Li Jie coming to her rescue as she fell.

He caught her. "Sun Hei! Are you alright?"

She blinked and answered, "I'm fine, I defeated their boss. Now, I'm their Master."

Li Jie smiled and held her closer to his chest in his arms. "I'm proud of you, Princess." He sighed in thought, 'I promise your mother I would take care of you. I can't afford to lose you, Sun Hei. You're the only one in my heart; that keeps it alive.'

He hugged her. Sun Hei thought, 'He really cares about me? I can't believe he's been with me all this time. Wait, he's seen me naked too when I'm bathing?' She pulled away from him; blushing. Li Jie blushed as well as he heard her thoughts and muttered, "I'm proud of you, Sun Hei. I'm sure, your mother is too."

Changing the subject smoothly, Sun Hei smiled, "I'm sure she is, thanks, Li Jie."

Li Jie smiled at her, and immediately, she felt her heart racing and butterflies overflowed her stomach in joy. Apparently, at that very moment, she fell for him.

"Sorry, let me get up now," Sun Hei said.

"You can stay longer," Li Jie flirted.

Tao coughed, "Eh um, we have a body to revive, remember..."

They stood up, embarrassed and blushing. Cha Ni teased them. "Looks like a new couple is born, Tao."

"It seems so," she laughed.

"Be quiet! Where do we go, Li Jie?" Sun Hei asked, being serious.

"Uh?" Li Jie said, a bit surprised and happy to know she had feelings for him. "Through the east-wing tunnel," he mentioned. "It will take us to the Cloud Tower bridge from there. It will get us into the Sun Dynasty sunflower garden," Li Jie explained.

Sun Hei nodded, "Okay, let's hurry. We don't have all day."

Cha Ni said, "Wait! Take these beads with you; in case, if you run into any wild beasts or enemies along the way. Take these; they will help you heal."

"Thanks, Cha Ni," Sun Hei smiled.

"Aren't you coming with us?" Tao asked.

"Oh no, I'm the guardian of the library. I can't leave," Cha Ni answered.