3 | Whiskey, neat

"So you just moved here a few weeks ago?" I clarify mid-conversation as Harry and I walk down the sidewalk towards the bar.

It's still hot out and muggy as well, but I think the sun starting to go down is at least helping to make it a little bit cooler and more bearable outside.

Harry looks even prettier in natural lighting than he did inside. Honestly I wonder what moisturizer he's using because I want my skin to look that nice.

The golden hour sun quite literally makes him glow, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone with prettier green eyes than his.

"Yeah from Manchester, just needed a change of scenery." He shrugs. Huh, so Louis was right about that.

"You moved halfway across the world for a 'change in scenery?'" I laugh, quoting his words. That seems a little dramatic, and that's coming from me.

"Uh... yeah, yeah I guess I did." He chuckles nervously, probably not having thought about it like that before.

"So are you liking it here so far then? Do you miss home?" I can't seem to stop myself from asking so many questions, so I hope he doesn't mind me being so nosey.

"Well despite the fact that I moved from one rainy city to another, I really am liking it, even more than I thought I would. I do miss home sometimes, although right now it still kind of feels like I'm just on a holiday trip, it will probably start to sink in more later. I grew up really close to my family, so it's been weird to not constantly be around them, but I think it's good for me to be on my own for a little while." He explains softly and I find myself hanging on every word that falls from his lips.

"What about you, why Portland?" He turns the question around on me, slightly catching me off guard and breaking me out of the little trance I had been in just listening to him talk.

"Oh! I grew up here, well in Tigard actually, it's one of the suburbs if you aren't familiar with them yet. I just always wanted to live downtown like in the heart of the city you know? I was actually planning on going to the University of Oregon, but I had gotten into both and at the last minute I decided I'd rather stay here than live in Eugene so here I am."

I'm sure my explanation wasn't nearly as understandable as his, it was mostly just rambling. He was also probably not paying as much attention to me as I was to him, but still he nods along with me, at least pretending to be interested.

As we walk by a group of guys looking to be around our age, already piss drunk and laughing loudly on the sidewalk, I suddenly feel uncomfortable knowing their eyes are lingering on me, and I instinctively start walking a little closer to Harry.

My arms naturally wrap around myself and I look down at the ground to avoid eye contact.

As is I'm hyper-aware, I can feel Harry's eyes on me as well, probably confused as to why I'm walking so close to him and have picked up my pace, but he finds out for himself when they start whistling at shouting at me as we walk by.

Literally fuck men. 

My eyes widen as I see Harry stopped in his tracks with his fists clenched at his sides, and I quickly look up to see his face hardened in anger with his brows furrowed.

I've never seen him mad before, well to be fair I've only known him for two days, but he doesn't hold the same softness he normally does.

"H let's just keep going okay?" I ask him gently, grabbing his forearm and tugging lightly in an attempt to get him walking again.

I want to go back to the casual light-hearted conversation we were just having a second ago, that had been so nice. Men always ruin everything I swear.