33- Boyfriends

There's a lot of homophobia in this chapter. I'll tell you when that happens.

 "What the fuck!"

Immediately, all the tiredness left George's body and his head shot up. This can't be good. He made it to the hallway and was met by a confused looking Dream.

"What's going on?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

Before George could reply he heard another yell of curse words and they both turned to look at where the noise was coming from. 

Sapnap, Quackity and Karl's room.

Dream turned to George, seeing utter panic in his expression. "It's fine, everything will be fine. Please just calm down."

Then there was another yell calling for George, so the two of them rushed to the room.

When the door was opened, all three of the boys were standing, Sapnap and Quackity were missing a shirt and Karl was missing a pair of pants. Then, in front of them stood Barbara. Her face was red and obviously beyond angry.

Only seconds after, Eugene entered, giving them no time to process what was going on. He gasped at the sight. "What is all this?"

"We can explain, I promise!" Karl assured, although his voice came out squeaky and it was obviously a lie.

CW/TW: Homophobia/ homophobic language.

Barbara scoffed. "Go on then. Why don't you explain why you three men are all sleeping in the same bed. Explain why you're not wearing shirts." Her voice was easy to read too. It was full of anger and disgust. Almost every negative emotion you can think of.

"W-well..."

"It's true, isn't it?" This time it was Eugene's turn to speak. "You're all gay?" He said the word as if it disgusted him just to say it. As if just the word alone could infect him.

When he got no response, he looked down at George. "You knew about this?"

"Y-yes but it's not what you think. Please just let m-me explain." He stuttered.

"You have one minute to explain. Go."

George looked at Dream, who was standing on the other side of his parents. Then he took a deep breath before he started speaking. "You think it's some kind of sin but I swear it's not. They really love each other. Please believe me that these are some of the nicest people I know, it doesn't matter what sexuality, race, gender or anything else they are. They're good people." When he was done talking he gasped for air, not realising that he hadn't breathed for his entire speech.

"Don't tell me you believe that rubbish, George. I raised you better than this." Barbara half yelled, half gasped.

"You're starting to sound like a fairy like the rest of them." Eugene sneered at the three who were cowering, daring to stand close enough to gain some sort of comfort, but hopefully not close enough to aggravate Eugene further. It didn't work though. Eugene took a step forwards and spat at their feet. By this point, Karl had started to cry.

George put a hand over his mouth as he watched Spanap and Quackity trying to comfort their boyfriend while being utterly terrified themselves. He looked at Dream who was just staring at the scene, wanting to do something but also not wanting to piss of George's parent anymore.

That was the exact moment George had a realisation. They don't deserve to be my parents. "You know what?" His voice was loud but strangely calm. "I am like them." 

And with that he pushed past his parents to get to Dream, immediately connecting their lips. Dream was quick to kiss back, grabbing his waist and leaning further into the kiss. It only lasted a few seconds but the reactions were phenomenal.

"All this time, George. All this time just to find out that all the energy, money and time was wasted on a gay like you." His mother hissed. "You're not my son anymore."

George just laughed at this, making Eugene even more worked up. "I wouldn't have guessed that you're gay." He aimed this at Dream. "You look so normal. Turns out you're a sinner like the rest of them."

"I look normal because I am normal. Being gay doesn't make me some sort of alien."

Eugene scoffed and looked back at George. "I hope you and your boyfriend die in a ditch."

Boyfriend.

They agreed with no labels to begin with but hearing the word felt addicting. Dream seemed to be thinking the same thing as he leaned into George's ear to whisper something. "Wanna be my boyfriend, George Davidson?"

"I'd love too." Their faces got closer together gradually before meeting again in a slower kiss. They were so caught up in the moment that neither of them noticed George's parents leave. All they cared about was being in each others arms.

CW/TW over. George got fed up of his parents being homophobic so he kissed Dream in front of them. They were yelling at them but then Eugene called them boyfriends, not realising they hadn't put labels on it yet. Dream and George liked the sound of being boyfriends so Dream asked George to be his boyfriend and he said yes. The parents left.

After a minute they were interrupted by a few harsh pats on the shoulder from Quackity. "It was nice the first time but the kissing is getting old very quickly."

They pulled apart with a string of saliva connecting their lips.

"Your parents are gone. Thanks for standing up for us." Sapnap said.

"Are you okay, George? This's exactly what you didn't want to happen, right?" Karl chipped in.

"I actually feel great, like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders." George smiled. "Are you okay? I shouldn't have let them come. I'm so sorry I put you through that."

"We'll be fine, we've dealt with our fare share of homophobes over our lives. Not that I'll ever get used to it." Karl replied.

"It was no one's fault, George. Don't blame yourself." Said Sapnap.

"And now we don't have to sleep in separate beds anymore!" Dream added in with a grin.

George let Dream lead him back to the bedroom before flopping onto their big bed. Our bed is so comfy.

Our bed. Not Dream's bed. Ours.

"Are you sure you're okay, George?" 

"I'm fine. I can't believe I got myself so worked up about this."

"Yeah but you just lost your family."

"They aren't my family. You are. And Sapnap, Quackity and Karl. I realised that just before I kissed you."

Dream's face turned red in record speed. "That was so cringe." He chuckled. "But yeah, we're family now. Nobody can take that away from us."

~1213 words~

Oof what a heavy chapter, but it turned out nice. Again, if anyone needs to talk to someone, don't be afraid to DM me. I'm not great at replying to things fast but I'll try my hardest.

Anyway, my brother is trying to find my Wattpad account because he wants to read this book so that he can make fun of me. I really don't want him to find it especially after that chapter named 'Hotel'. All he knows is that I go by 'Esme' here (not my real name) so hopefully he wont find me. Fingers crossed. 🤞

-Esme