Ep 2.03 Things Are Not What It Seems

Season 2, Episode 3, Episode number: 26

JACOBSON LAW FIRM.OUTSIDE THE BUILDING.DAY

[Parker, is looking anxious. She sees Daniel has just arrived and walks up to him. He turns around notices her.]

Daniel: Oh. Parker. What a surprise. Never thought I see you back here. Considering you quit.

Parker: Yea I'm sorry. I been through a lot and wasn't acting like myself. Please. Give me a second chance.

Daniel: I don't know. Parker. You said really mean things to me before you said you were quitting.

Parker: Oh I did? Don't remember.

Daniel: Parker. This is very unprofessional of you. How can you do that? You don't remember. Really?

Parker: But I really don't. Can't explain. You have to trust me on this.

Daniel: Parker. Considering you helped me a lot. I'll think about it. But please don't pester me about it. Okay.

Parker: Thanks. Mr. Jacobson. I promise things like that won't happen again.

Daniel: I don't believe in promises. But actions. We'll talk soon. Okay. Parker.

Parker: Alright.

[Parker leaves. Daniel then enters the office.]

[CUT TO]

FELICIA'S APARTMENT.DAY

[Still image of apartment.]

[CUT TO]

FELICIA'S APARTMENT.BEDROOM.DAY

[Melinda is in Felicia's embrace on the bed. Felicia is staring sweetly into Melinda's eyes.]

Felicia: Morning. Babe. Did you sleep well?

Melinda: Sort of. But being next to you really helps.

Felicia: I'm never leaving your side. Again. Okay. I love you. I don't know what I would do if I lost you.

Melinda: I wish I could stay in your arms forever. Like this.

[Felicia smiles.]

Felicia: You can. If you want.

Melinda: You know I can't. There's the real life. And other complicated things.

Felicia: Mel. I just want to really apologize for everything. Using you. And nearly killing you.

Melinda: It's okay. Felicia. There was no choice. You had higher orders.

Felicia: But still. I hurt you.

Melinda: Yea you did. But...My love for you has made me overcome it. I been having difficulty accepting it.

Felicia: And there's no difficulty anymore.

Melinda: There is. And not about me and you. But what we are. Our relationship is forbidden.

Felicia: I'll fight for it. No one will get in our way.

Melinda: I really love you. I do. Felicia. But we can't be.

Felicia: Mel. You really want to do this. End what we have before it even started.

Melinda: We had nothing. Even a relationship. Our first time making love was when I was drunk. And at that time, you were just using me.