Chapter One

Tubbo was walking up a mountain with Tanjiro, Inosuke and his brother, Zenitsu. Tanjiros' crow had given them a task after him and Zenitsu had met the other two. 

"Are you sure Tubbo can handle this, Zenitsu? He is a bit young.." Tanjiro said, trying to break the uncomfortable silence.

Zenitsu just looked at him, nodded in response, then looked at his feet again as he was walking. Tanjiro sighed, looking over at Tubbo as he tripped slightly, then at Inosuke-

Where was Inosuke?

Dammit, he probably ran off again. 

Tanjiro sniffed the air, catching a strange scent. He signaled Tubbo and Zenitsu to slow down to be careful. 

Ranboo's POV

As Rui was punishing Mother Demon, I was just walking around aimlessly. Though I was mindful about not descending the mountain, as Rui would be ticked off about it. I was thinking about how we were more close when we were human. Yes, Im happy he's stronger, but then again I miss seeing him as a human. As I was thinking I heard something in the bushes. My tail and ear flicked from it. Who would ev- oh.. those damn Demon Slayers. When are they going for leave us alone, in peace? Well.. demons do need human blood to survive.. but is there a way for demons to survive without devouring humans? Yes, I have had human blood, but it tasted disgusting. Probably because it wasn't marechi. I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a sting in my chest. Then I felt a hand on my neck. I coughed, trying to loosen the hand. da- dam- damn demo-demon slay-er.. I said, muffled. Though I was being attacked, I was not defending myself. I had no idea how to. It was everyone who would fight for me, as I was one of the best behaving children in this pretend family. 

Tanjiro POV

I held down the demon. They were a strange one. The demon was half black and white. On the black side, the eye was a emerald green colour and the other one was a ruby red. They were also not attacking. Strange. I decided to take a risk. I ripped my hand off of the neck and took my sword of of them. The demon coughed, turned back at me with a frown. It looked as if it were afraid. "What are you doing? If you have me like this you have your chance to slice my head off." The demon said, ears flattened. I sighed. I wish I didn't feel empathy for this demon. He probably killed people. But I didn't smell any faint blood on his hands. I kneeled down to his level as Tubbo ran towards me, his sword in hand. "Tubbo! Sword down." Tubbo sheathed his sword as told, walking next to me and kneeling down as well, narrowing his eyes at the demon.

Tubbo POV

I narrowed my eyes at the demon to hide my true emotion. He looked scared, but it was kinda funny. I hid my smirk by looking at Tanjiro, who was still trying to figure out what to do. Just then webs came out from behind the injured demon. Another demon had shielded him. "Rui!- Why didn't you get Dad?-" He said. "He's busy at the moment, Ranboo." Rui said. He turned to us. "And who might you be, hurting my brother like that?" He glared at us. He looked as if he was weaving a spider web with his hands. "Rui! Can I-" the one I assumed Ranboo spode, but got interrupted. "QUIET." Rui hollered, slightly slashing Ranboo's face with a string. Ranboo shrank cowardly. I looked at him with soft eyes. He looked back and his tail started thumping the ground lightly. Maybe he could be trusted.

As I was lost in his eyes, Rui had stormed at us, webs everywhere.

(So uh- I have no idea how's to write fight scenes that well, so I'm skipping to where  Rui dies. -basically he's a ghost after this-)

Narrator POV

As the others stared, another demon slayer had come from the trees, their nirichin sword in a position to slice Rui's head off. Before Rui could react, his head was sliced clean.

"RUI!" Ranboo yelled, tears falling rapidly. He ran over to his brother's body, falling to his knees with his claws dug in the ground. Tanjiro looked at Ranboo, turning away. after a minute or so. Tubbo stared at the Hashira that had killed Rui, than at Ranboo, who was basically crying so much he was breathing heavily. Tubbo walked over to the two demons, sitting down and putting his hand in Ranboo's back, startling him.

Ranboo looked up at Tubbo, grunting silently as Tubbo wiped his tears, then patting him in the head. Ranboo was surprised by this, but he started purring. Tubbo was doing this to distract Ranboo from the smell of ash.

 "Hey! What the hell are you doing?!"