chapter five

"Alright Brett, I'm leaving!" Eddy calls as he walks out the door.

"Alright, be back soon!"

♡ ♡ ♡

Eddy's gone out for grocery shopping. That, and he needs to talk to Jordon. About something extremely cheesy on his part, had anybody known.

Oh, the things that love makes one do; it's all the typical sappy couple stuff when you've never fallen in love before. But once you're in love, it doesn't really matter, the sappiness. That's the beautiful thing about love; it reshapes one's way of thinking, one standpoint to another.

After surfing the aisles for everything Brett told him to buy, he's driving to the cafe, where he and Jordon agreed to meet.

Jordon's already there at a table when Eddy walks into the cafe, latte and laptop out in front of him. He waves Eddy over after he gets his coffee, along with a coffee for Brett later.

"Hey, Jordon."

Jordon nods his head in greeting. "How's it going?"

Eddy sets his coffee cups on the table, dragging out a chair and sitting down. "I'm doing okay, how are you?"

Jordon gives him a thumbs-up. "I'm doing alright. So, what's up?"

And this is where he tells him. Oh boy. Jordon's never going to let him live this one down, is he? "I was thinking about asking you to compose something new."

Jordon takes a sip of his latte. "Cool. Any specific theme in mind?"

Eddy hesitates. Could he trust Jordon with this? This secret he's striving to conceal for as long as possible, or at least until he can rid it away?

Yes, he resolves on the spot. They're here now; it'd be pointless if he chickened out last second.

And so, Eddy glances around warily before lowering his voice. "Can you promise you won't tell anyone, Brett especially, what I'm about to tell you?"

"Yeah?"

Eddy averts his eyes, trying to hide his heating cheeks by taking a sip of coffee. "I—I think I'm in love with him. Brett."

"I know."

Eddy goes this close to spitting out his coffee. Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a moment. "Wait, what?"

Jordon laughs. "It was obvious, dude. The way you look at him—it's clear."

Eddy rolls his eyes. "Great, thanks, Jordon, that's exactly what I needed to hear."

Jordon laughs again. "I won't tell a soul. Does he or anyone else know?" He asks.

Eddy sighs, opting for another sip. "If he knew, he'd be here and we'd be holding hands and acting all sappy right about now. Or we'd be acting completely off. Or we wouldn't be friends anymore. And no one else knows, either."

"Scratch that, then. And don't say that, dude. Your bond is too strong to end just like—" Jordon snaps his fingers, "—that, over something as small as unrequited feelings."

"I dunno."

A silence is held stiff between them, until Jordon is the first to speak up.
"Any ideas in mind? For the composition?"

Eddy explains. "So I was thinking something romantic, but subtly so. Not a Salut-D-Amour or Tchaikovsky-Romeo-and-Juliet sort of romantic. Maybe make it sound a bit like an anime or ghibli soundtrack or something?"

"Understood. Anything else?"

Eddy laughs, forehead in one hand. "This is going to sound sappy as heck, but—" he breathes in, breathes out. "I also kinda want the piece to, I dunno, represent how I feel when I'm with him. Like, both the friendship part and the romantic part. The feeling but in music notes."