Chapter twenty-eight

"Signora, your father is here."

I glanced up from the feeding baby in my arms to the petite woman, standing a foot before the door with her hands clasped together.

I had leveled up in title since giving birth.

"Did he tell you what the purpose of his visit was?"

Cecilia craned her neck, smiling at Adrian who was latched onto my breast, now using it as a pacifier while dozing off.

"He insists on seeing the babies. In particular Adrian," she whispered.

I frowned, practically rolling my eyes at his persistency in requesting these visitations that I had numerously declined, one after the other.

"Tell him that I refuse to allow him anywhere near them until he learns how to not implement his Albanian fanaticism where it's not welcome."
The poor woman nodded her head but her fear stricken eyes made it evident that she was anything but confident in delivering the message to the narcissist.

With Adrian finally asleep, I headed to the stairwell beneath which the commotion had already commenced.

Alex was accompanying his father who was arguing with a flustered Cecilia, struggling to reason with him, noticeably explaining my strict regulations.

Tying the robe firmly around my midsection, I inhaled a deep breath before descending the steps.
"You are in my home, Mr. Marku. I would suggest lowering the tone of your voice."

All three heads snapped up and Isak's mouth twisted, raising his hands in the air with visible irritation written over his facials.

"Ah, there she is. My beautiful daughter who's depriving her own father an introduction to his grandchildren."

I froze like ice as he embraced me, patting the soft material on my back that stuck to my bare skin underneath.

Alex's muscles seemed to stiffen, standing in a conflicted position as I gave him a slight nod, backing away from arms reach.

He wasn't expecting a hug too, was he? These people were insane. They were strangers to me. Although blood related but just that and far from what I could relate to as family.

"Where is my grandson? I wish to meet him."

My eyes narrowed at the man who was now grinning from ear to ear, repeating the same phrase that I had endured many times over the phone.

"I have two children and they are both equally important and valuable to this family, which you are not a part of," I deadpanned with the utmost seriousness.

"Adriana, why are you referring to me in this manner, my love? I am your father and we are your family."

I stared at him with my arms crossed over my chest, about to offer him another piece of my mind when Antonio walked through the front doors, Giada trailing after him.

"Yes. Perhaps your husband can talk a bit of sense into you," Isak said, turning to 'my husband' with a broad smile as if he could magically flick his wrist and automatically get me to comply.

I waited, tapping my foot on the ground as Antonio shot me a look that didn't please me at all.

"Adriana?"

"What, Antonio?" I replied through clenched teeth.

I felt like a Karen at Starbucks, holding up the line but refused to give in to neither of their injunctions.

"He wants to see our son," I stated with a tone of irony and Antonio's expression grew cold, sending a warning lour directly at me.

"We have two children, Mr. Marku," he finally said, averting his attention from the silk robe that barely covered my thighs.