47

Sandra woke up the following morning feeling sore as she sat up, but continued to smile at Bucky as he sat in the chair beside her with his head against her bed.

Carefully, Sandra lifted her hand and ran her fingers through Bucky's hair. "Good morning doll." He said, opening up his eyes and smiling at her. "How do you feel?"

"Sore." She simply said, looking over to the little bed that Gracie was sleeping in. "How was my baby girl last night?"

Bucky smiled and looked over to Gracie. "She was awesome. Not one cry came from her all night." He said, carefully picking up the baby and coming back to Sandra.

Sandra took Gracie as Bucky handed her over, holding her close to her chest. "Hey there my Princess." She whispered, kissing Gracie's little forehead. "Buck, call Steve up and tell him to get in here. I want him to meet Gracie."

Bucky laughed, nodding his head. "I'm sure everyone is still down there, or at least Steve and Tony probably are." He said, "but I'll let him know he's allowed up."

Just like they figured, everyone was still in the lobby waiting for Baby Gracie to be allowed visitors. The first one to get into the room was Steve though, he was too excited to wait any longer.

Steve smiled at his sister and best friend, our joy in his face. "How's my two favorite new parents?" He asked, giving Bucky a fist bump.

"We are great, and baby Gracie is even better." Sandra said, smiling down at Gracie again. "Here, wanna hold her?"

Nodding his head, Steve lifted Gracie and carefully held her. "You know, she looks exactly like you did." He said, "but she's got Bucky's eyes."

Sandras eyes went wide. "she opened her eyes?!" She asked. "Yes! Hah, I told you buck!"

"Why? Has she kept her eyes shut this entire time?" Steve asked.

"Yeah." Bucky said, a small smile on his face. "I thought she'd have grey eyes like Sandra."

The door to the room opened again and Tony came walking in. "Where's the child I'll be spoiling?" He asked with a smile, seeing Steve had Gracie. "Also, I would've been here sooner but I couldn't leave the lobby with Sam snoring like a pig in a mud puddle."

Sandra laughed. "You left everyone else asleep in the lobby?" She asked.

"Maybe.." he trailed off. "But, I don't have the patience to wait any longer to see the baby- Jesus she looks exactly like you, sand."

"Well she is my child, stark. Just like your an exact copy of your father." She said, "your both pains in the asses."

Tony smirked, sitting on the small couch across the room. "Oh you love me." He said, "and, your going to live me even more considering I upgraded your insurance so that your house will get rebuilt for free however you like it, with everything that was inside replaced too."

Sandra froze. She totally forgot about the fact her and Bucky just lost their home and everything in it. All of the baby clothes and furniture they spend hundreds of dollars on is gone. "Wait. Where are we supposed to stay now?! Buck our house is gone. Everything is gone!" She said in a panic.

"Whoa whoa, calm down sandy." Steve said, putting Gracie in her little bed. "You guys can come back to the compound and stay there. Then when your house is done being built, you can go back there."

Tony nodded, agreeing with Steve. "Yeah, I got bored in the lobby and ordered you a new crib set and clothes for the baby and got it shipped to the compound. Should be there tomorrow." He said, watching Sandras facial expression change.

"I- you didn't have to do that Tony. Buck and I could've bought everything back." Sandra said, a shocked look on her face. "I mean, that was at least a thousand dollars for just a crib."

Tony nodded, carefully lifting Gracie from her little bed. "It's ok, I'm a genius billionaire." He said, looking down at Gracie. "And I'm going to make sure I spoil you."

Sandra smiled at this side of Tony. He's never really shown any type of care for anyone, especially kids. But he was like his father, full of surprises.

"I cant believe you left us in the lobby." Wanda complained as her, Nat, and Sam came into the room.

Thor was supposed to be there too, but he never responded to Steve's emergency call which meant he was probably late and very confused.

Tony gave Wanda a look, glancing down at the baby. "Sh sh, I have the baby." He said, only for Wanda to take Gracie right out of his arms.

"Hey there cutie pie." Wanda smiled, rocking Gracie in her arms.

Sam watched Wanda as she began to pass the baby to him, a shocked look on his face.

Bucky looked over to sam, raising his eyebrow. "Sam, you better not drop my child." He said, watching Sam do something similar to what Wanda did.

"I have two nephews, which I've had to babysit when they were babies. I won't drop her." Sam said, sitting down with Gracie just to make Bucky feel better. "See, I'll even sit just so you quit crying."

Sandra giggled, covering her mouth before Bucky could see she was laughing. "I know your laughing sandy." Bucky said, which meant her plan failed.

"Sorry, Sam has his funny moments." She said, "not always, but rarely."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't just hear that."