[a new life...]

As Aiden Pettigrew sat on the hogwarts express in his uniform with his head on the seats and his legs laying on the wall as he read Hogwarts A History, the compartment door was suddenly drawn open he heard two people shuffle in whispering to one another.

"Siri we can't sit in here, someone else is already sitting here."

"Then kick them out!"

"We can't do that!"

"Sure as hell we can! Not like there's anywhere else to sit."

As he felt someone staring at him he slowly pulled the book down staring at who he could now 100% say was James Potter and Sirius Black.

As he stared at them, they stared right back. The only difference was Aiden was not red as a tomato, and didn't have drool down his chin. Yeah no this wouldn't do. He was not going to sit here to have two 11 year old's eye rape him. He quickly got up in as he would call it pure swag.

"J-James Potter." James said pushing his hand in front of Aidens face.

Looking down at James hand he promptly gets up grabs his book and leaves.

'Fuck this shit I'm out.'

As Aiden leaves behind two gaping eleven year olds he ventures out to look for a new compartment.

"He's so cool!" Awe written all over his face.

"Yeah.." Sirius replies in a daze.

------------

Aiden finally after searching wide and far sits down in a compartment which only had three first years. This was good he could try and make friends, remaining a main character in their lives but a background character in the war. The only damn way they were getting Aiden to participate in this war was if he had married someone who had muggle blood in them. Even then he wouldn't be stupid enough to go out of his way to catch attention.

"Is that Hogwarts A history? I've read that about 4 times already! I'm Lily by the way, Lily Evans."

'OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!'

Is this how it feels to be a main character who doesn't exactly want to be a main character because if it is he wants out. Oh well might as well give them something to talk about.

"Aiden Pettigrew." He replies with his charming smirk.

It seems that she's not the only one charmed as the two other boys he can now safely identify as Remus Lupin and Severus Snape also go red. Although he is sure Severus is only red because his pissed at him for staring at his Lily. Sense the sarcasm? Yeah me too.

"What house do you wanna be in?" She asks in a shy voice.

"Hufflepuff, what about you?"

Severus laughs, snickering under his breath. Yep definitely jealous.

"Something wrong?"

"No I just thought it was funny, of course you would want to be with a bunch of duffers instead of using your brain."

"I assume you would want to be a Slytherin?" I snort (in a charming manner of course), now look I have nothing wrong with Slytherin's I will most likely have to fight the sorting at to even get into Hufflepuff but if his going to pick on the badgers I am sure as hell going to pick on the snakes.

"Of course."

"Mhmm" I eye him warily.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What it's supposed to mean smarty is that I won't trust a snake." With that I left. It hurt saying those words to be honest seeing as the Black sisters are Slytherin's. Oh well, another day another struggle.

I finally find a compartment with no one in it, and as I go to sit down the train comes to a stop. Why? Why now?! As I slowly make my way to the boats, I stare at the castle in awe. It radiated magic, and I felt at peace. It was weird, but in a sense I felt complete. 

As they all make their way up the steps Aiden ignored the stares he was receiving instead choosing to think up ways on being able to persuade the hat to put him in Hufflepuff. 'Do you think it would respond to death threats? Yeah probably not..' At this point he would happily be placed in any other house besides Gryffindor. As  Aiden and the other first years wait in line the doors to the great hall open and he finds himself face to face with the one and only Minerva Mcgonagall the baddest bitch in other words. Aiden truly respected her character whilst reading the books. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts, The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the great hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will loose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours."

Her sharp eyes zooming in on James and Sirius who were whispering to one another laughing.

With a sigh she turned around and opened the door to the great hall whilst walking in signalling the children to follow her which they did. As they reached up to the end of the hall near the teaches table Aiden could tell all of the kids looked very anxious, all except for a few. Severus who always had a resting bitch face, Remus who looked like he truly did not give a fuck and a bunch of random side character purebloods with a cold mask on but of course like any normal child you could see the glimmer in their eyes. 

Aiden must have zoomed out because one second his standing there waiting for the sorting to start and the other his sitting with a dusty old hat on his head.

"Now that's not very nice."

"Ahh sorry about that, here why don't I help you pick what house I would be best in?"

"Oh do tell how you'll sort yourself" The hat asked amused.

Aiden was a little pissed at his attitude but put it behind him after all a Hufflepuff needs patience.

"Hufflepuff please."

"Oh but you forget I can read your mind and I see a boy truly worthy of..."

"DON'T YOU DARE YOU OLD SHIT"

"GRYFFINDOR"

What. The. Fuck.