𝟶𝟸: 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎,

"𝙸 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚎𝚠,
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸'𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞,
𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍,
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚘,"

───» Devil Town v2, Cavetown «───

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

I KNOW- I KNOW, THE TITLE sounds incredibly concerning. It's fine! I think. Let me start from the beginning.

Percy Jackson and Finn Collins have been friends for a while now. They're as close as you can guess- sort of. Obviously, Finn didn't know why Percy always seemed to be watching his surroundings like something was going to get him, but that was a boundary that he wouldn't overstep until Percy stepped over it himself.

Any free time Percy wasn't spending with Annabeth, a girl Finn had yet to meet; he was with Finn. No matter what they did together, it seemed to be entertaining. They could be throwing rocks, walking to the 24 hour store at ungodly hours- you name it, they've probably done it.

In the current situation, they surprisingly aren't together. Finn's at the park looking for rocks that appealed to him. A few days ago his mother, Maria, gifted him with a rock tumbler. It was a dream come true! His funky little rock collection could finally shine.

As dumb as it sounds, Finn likes rocks a lot. He likes that, no matter how different they look, they are all beautiful in their own ways. He likes the imperfections they have, like the color range, the shape range, all of it.

He only ever grabs the ones he feels a draw too, in this instance, it's a jagged grey one. It looks almost like a broken piece of cement, but he doesn't think much on it as he stuffs it into the pockets of his beige corduroy pants.

Exhaling as he stood up, he tugged his large, black zip up jacket closer to his body. His eyes shift around the park as he looks for somewhere to sit; in his mind, it's nap time. What's the worst that can happen if he sleeps in a public park? That's a question he won't be able to answer right now.

Before he can even take his first step toward anything, a body crashes into him, sending them both to the ground.

"What the fu-"

"Finn! We've gotta go," A frantic Percy says, tugging Finn up from the ground.

His eyes watch Percy lazily, but widen when they see his state. "Hey! Hey, Barnacle Boy- what's the matter? Are you good?"

Blue eyes clash with blue.

"Do I look good, Finn??"

"Geez- sorry! Sorry," He grumbled.

Percy sighed, "No, don't be sorry, I shouldn't take it out on you." His eyes flicker around before he shoves a bag onto Finn's back and drags him by the strap. "But we've really gotta go,"

"Yeah- sure thing uh, I'm not getting kicked out from my moms house, right? I get that I don't have a job but I-"

"Now's not the time Finn!" Percy all but cries, "No, you aren't getting kicked out,"

A relieved sigh leaves Finn's mouth as the two of them approach the busy streets.

He wishes he could take that sigh back. Percy nearly freezes, as if feeling the same presence that Finn does. The pair eye one another before peaking back into the park.