2

My sister is home.

Dad Is home.

I'll see them later.

I'm Bathed and dressed, I walk into the living room. I see mum rubbing on Fiyin affectionately and smiling and speaking in low caring tones to her. Fiyin wears a content smile and soaks in all the attention.

Well.. she needs it. She is sick.

Fiyin looks up at me and nods. I nod back in greeting. My mum pays me no mind.

Fiyin sighs "I'm tired, I need to go up. I'll see you later. Thank you ma" She gets up with the help of my mum while I watch and mum helps her to the door. Mum comes back to sit down as Fiyin leaves the room.

I decide to follow Fiyin and maybe keep her company where she is going up.

The sky is still dark and dull like yesterday.

As I walk out. I instinctively turn around and look up at the window at the top floor. It's not grandma's window. It's another room's window.

A face is looking back down at me. Partially covered by the white curtain that would later become translucent if it was night. Her eyes dart away from me for a second. To look at Fiyin maybe?

She disappears behind the curtain.

I lower my gaze and turned to face where Fiyin was heading. The front of the house..
Fiyin with her IV stand in hand doesn't even glance back at me and just wobbles faster and disappears round the corner to the front.

Before my curiosity can leave me. I decide to follow. I need to greet grandma and grandma's maid, aunty bolanle, anyway.

There should be a staircase in the front of the house probably.

I hurry to catch up as the building now seems somehow longer. I make it to the front and turn my head to the right to see and follow Fiyin. Fiyin won't even look up as she opens a door and steps inside. The door closed behind her. I hurry to go and open the door to follow her.

There's no door. Just a brown wall.

Isn't that weird, there's supposed to be a door here, Fiyin just-

"Grandmaaaa" I suddenly scream up at the window up there.

"My dear granddaughter how are you??"

"I'm fine ma and you?"

"I'm fine o, have a nice day" I nod and walk away. I just came to greet grandma. I probably should go up and see her.

Oh I need to talk to mum about why Fiyin is here. I'll see dad too and maybe my sister if they haven't left.

Still no cars in the compound.

"Mummmmmyyyy, what happened to Fiyin? Why is she here"

"Oh she has a terminal illness and she's very very weak, so she gets tired easily. We need to take care of family" mum said blankly in a monotone.

I agree with her immediately.

But, when did Fiyin become fami-

There's a knock on the gate. Mum turns and leaves through one of the doorways covered by curtains.

I leave the dark living room to go ope the gate. A cute, tall boy is standing there, looking down at a large piece of paper. I know him, I'm sure of it, but I don't know how.

"Hi, I'm looking for the person who drew this?" He says immediately. Straight to the point. I like it.

I know him