Trenching

Gally rolls his eyes and walks off, you found it rather odd that he didn't even try and talk back, almost like he was scared of Thomas. "Thanks for that," you told Thomas, "It's fine, he can be a bit of a pain sometimes but he isn't as tough as he looks." Minho signalled for him to follow him to the map room and he waved to you. "Gally is a bit jacked I would have to say," said Newt beside you.

You wandered around in silence before he asked, "So have you thought about what you want to be yet?" You hesitate and have no idea what he is talking about, "I mean about here in the glade, you need to help out around here," He continued. "Oh, what do I have to do to be a runner?" You ask him. He scoffs and laughs at you, "A runner? Ha, you would have to do something bloody brilliant for them to even think about that!" He answers.

 He pointed to the garden, "I think you would enjoy being a track hoe," he suggested, "Go check that out." 

You make your way over to the gardeners before you and they throw you a shovel.  You have no idea what to do and the others think that you were already told the basics, so you had to guess. 20 minutes passed and Newt gave you a fright as he burst out into laughter, "Haha very funny, let me guess, you told them to ignore me?" 

You throw some dirt at him when Thomas comes, "What did you do?" He asked you taking the shovel from your hands, "Newt why didn't you help her-" "Sorry, sorry man, watching her trying to figure things out is gold!" He giggles. Thomas grinned, you glanced at him, "You too?" You state standing in front of him, "No, no, just... Deja Vu," he replies. "Let me help you."

 Newt looks behind him, "Gotta run, they need me... I'm a busy man," he jokes. "Yeah because you're very helpful!" Thomas shouts at him. Newt rolls his eyes and heads off.

He spent the next few minutes guiding you before you understood

He spent the next few minutes guiding you before you understood. You continued to work when he stood beside you watching you, "Thanks Thomas, but I got it, you can go have a break," you told him. He knew very well that you were fine, but he liked to be near you, "I'll stay," he answered.

 Before you knew it, everyone was heading to the Homestead to eat, "You hungry, cause I sure am," Thomas helped you up, being tired and starving, you nod your head. Thomas and Minho sit beside you with Chuck and Gally opposite you. 

Hope you enjoy, these sandwiches I made in honour of our new Glader!" Frypan shouted and everyone glances at you. You smile at him and start to eat, once everyone was done most of the Gladers sat around a pile of wood. The sun was setting and you realised they were collecting wood to make a fire

 Newt offered you a drink, "Taste this, trust me it might look, smell and taste horrible but it makes you feel great," he explained. You gagged when the smell reached your nose, "You mean like make you drunk, is it alcohol?" You ask him convinced that it is. "You could say that, but I'm not going to say what's in it," he responds as he pinches your nose. You gulp the whole thing as a few other boys surround you and cheer you on.  

You cringe at the aftertaste before Thomas grabs the bottle from your hand. "Guys what the hell, she shouldn't be drinking this, in fact, none of you should! The whole bottle, really Newt? She is going to go insane," he tells Newt before he answers, "At least she drank it all, remember your first time? You barely made two sips!" Everyone laughs at him and Thomas rolls his eyes.