Infinity

The sound of a gunshot sounded in the rusty, green warehouse. Echoing across the factory sight, Sam and Dean shared a brief look before running towards the open doors of the metal building. They briefly paused to share one last worried glance before entering, guns ready to shoot. Walking over the debris, the two hunters became painfully aware of how loud their footsteps sounded.

Shards of glass broke beneath Sam's foot which caused his stomach to drop. Any element of surprise they had was now non-existent. The hulking pair of hunters had stopped at the sound, straining their eyes and ears for any sound or sight of movement. Dean's heartbeat was now so loud, he could hear it pumping in his ears.

In truth both hunters were now regretting not bringing any backup thinking they could handle the problem themselves. Three hunters against four or five demons. As they left the bunker, Sam and Dean assured Castiel that they wouldn't need any help and that they would be able to spend quality time together for once, something they couldn't do anymore with three angels living with them. Whilst Lucifer kept to himself and Gabriel only interacted with them when he was in a good mood, Castiel insisted on following them everywhere. As they left he reminded the hunters that he was only a prayer away convinced something would happen and his assistance would be required. Lucifer didn't even know they were leaving for a hunt, he had been hunkered up in his room for days now. Whilst the brothers and Castiel spoke over the plan once more which allowed Gabriel and (y/n) the chance to say a quick goodbye.

"I'll be fine." (Y/n) smiled as he pulled his blond boyfriend into a tight hug. When they pulled back, he quickly pecked him on the lips and followed the brothers out to the garage.

The relationship between the Hunter and archangel hadn't stayed secret for very long. Castiel had barged into Gabriel's room expecting to find him reading or watching the television and instead he found him beneath a sleeping (y/n). The Hunter had his arms wrapped around Gabriel's waist and his head was resting in the centre of the angels chest. Gabriel had one arm wrapped around the hunters back keeping him close and the other was been used to hold a book. Needless to say, Castiel kept the secret for about five minutes.

As Sam and Dean hesitantly walked further into the warehouse, the rounded the corner of an internal building. Their hearts sank into the ground. Lowering his gun, Dean sprinted forward to the (y/h/c) man currently laying on the floor.

His lungs made a stomach churning noise. Blood spattered from his lips covering more of his face with the red hot liquid. Pouring freely from two stab wounds to the chest, Dean scrunched up his jacket and began to apply pressure to the wounds causing the fallen hunter to let out a pained gasp. Opening his watery eyes, (y/n) looked briefly at Dean before screwing them up in pain again.

"Cas please, help us." A flutter of wings echoed briefly around the room before Castiel and Gabriel stepped forward to see what had happened.

"No no no no no!" Gabriel sprinted the short distance to his fallen lover and instantly took his hand but the hunter didn't grip back. Starring into the abyss, his tears and pained gasps had silenced. Fat, globules of angelic tears splashed on to his face, smearing the blood further. Gabriel pulled the hunter up so he was now resting in the archangels lap.

"Come on sunflower. Come on baby, open your eyes back up. Please." Gabriel sobbed as he pushed the stray hair from his lovers face in an attempt to make him come back from the dead but it was too late. He could no longer feel the pulse of his soul, nor the warmth from his skin. His blood pooled around his corpse, soaking the archangel's clothes.

"We were meant to be together for infinity. You promised me."