Chapter 27

Quackity's POV:
(A couple minutes before)

There he is. Dream actually revived him.

Charlie looks down at his hands then around, visibly confused. He finally seems to notice me. Tears form in my eyes as he runs towards me.

"Quackity From Las Nevadas!" He exclaims as his arms wrap around me. I gasp softly and I hug him back, holding him close to my chest.

Charlie doesn't let go, shivering in my arms. "It was so cold, so cold..." he sobs. "I was there for days..."

I feel my heart break a little in my chest. "Who did you see?" I ask softly.

"I saw- I saw George, he was... crying," Charlie says. I feel my heart break even more.

From the corner of my eye, I see Dream, y/n, and Wilbur dash out of the room. I let out a long breath, holding Charlie close.

I'm counting on you, Sapnap...

Dream's POV:
(Present time)

I slowly raise my hands up as I feel the tip of the blade prod me forwards.

"Fuck you, Sapnap..." I mutter under my breath, which only earns me a sharper prod with the sword.

"Escaping, Dream? Really?" Sam questions, giving y/n a disappointed look. He suddenly seems to notice Wilbur for the first time and his eyes widen.

"I should fucking kill you right now," Sam growls lowly, holding the ax to my chest.

"Sam-" y/n starts.

"Shut up!" Sam yells, his voice rising.

"Don't you fucking talk to her like that, you bastard!" I shout back, my eyes flaring. "Let me explain!" I repeat in frustration.

"Fine. What is it, Dream? What excuse are you gonna pull this time? What is it that's gonna help you now?"

"Quackity was trying to-" I start.

"Quackity isn't here, Dream!" Sam rolls his eyes, exasperated.

Suddenly, realization hits me.

As if on cue Quackity runs in through the doorway, stopping in surprise.

"Sam?" He asks in confusion. "Sapnap, what is Sam doing here?"

"Quackity-" Sam pauses. "What the hell is going on here?" He looks at Sapnap.

Sapnap removes the sword from my back, turning to look at Quackity.

"You really thought I'd help you? After everything you've done to me, to my friends?" Sapnap scoffs.

"Sapnap, what is happening?" Sam repeats in frustration.

"Quackity has been trying to kill Dream, and he's been torturing him repeatedly! Sam, I don't care what alignments you have with him, but this isn't what we fucking wanted! We agreed Dream would stay in prison. Unharmed." Sapnap's eyes narrow, his gaze deadly.

Sam turns towards Quackity, "Quackity? Is this true?"

"I was trying to right all the wrong he's caused!" Quackity protests. "Don't you see? He's the cause of every single problem on this damn land. He deserves death. He's the villain. The bad guy."

"And why's that, Quackity?" I spit.

"Because you, Dream, you'll never change. No matter how much you say you have, you'll never change." Quackity stares me down. "Never."