Chapter 28

Songs of the chapter- Love Me Like You Do by: Ellie Goulding
Let You Go by: Jake Miller

~Austin~
"Jess? Are you okay? Hello?"
Shit. I scared her. I wonder if she's gonna answer. My hands started shaking and the box fell on the ground. I looked at Jessica who was looking at the box. Her eyes began to water as a smile appeared on her face. She jumped over the blanket and threw her arms around my neck.

"Austin you know I love you with all my heart. So yes, however I feel like we might be rushing things just a little."

"What are you talking about?" My voice became high pitched and I place her in front of me. I scanned her face as she questioned my response.

"Yes I'll marry you."

"WOAH NOW." I frantically searched for the small box on the picnic blanket and opened it.

"Jess it's a key not a ring."

"Oh. Well what does it go to?"

"My house."

"But I have a key to your house already."

"Okay well then it's more like a key to OUR house."

"Wait what? We don't have a house. I mean you've got one and so do I but like together no. And besides you're going to Miami in a few weeks and I've... gotta stay to finish school and I have Koda and-

"Jess!"

"I'm sorry you know that I-"

"Ramble when I'm nervous yes I know. But if I could explain then it would make more sense."

"Okay sorry. Carry on my love."

"I talked to my mom and yours and Rocco and we decided that it would be a very great, near perfect idea if you moved to Florida with my mom and I. We can enroll you in online schooling and Koda can stay with AC or Zach because we haven't gotten the pet papers yet but I promise we will work it all out. So?"

"I mean of course I'd love to go with you."

"But-"

"But what about prom and graduation? We'll be a thousand miles away and I don't know if I wanna miss that."

"I thought you'd say something like that." I reached into the picnic basket and pulled out 2 tickets for a night to remember. She bit her lip and playfully punched my shoulder.

"Hey! Hey! Precious cargo here! My arms are what puts my girls over the edge." I flexed my arms and kissed my right muscle.

"Your so dorky! But I'm gonna need some help with my corsage and you have to color coordinate your tie with my dress." She smiled up at me and giggled as she stood up sticking her hand out for me.

"Oh I... can't dance."

"Seriously Austin? I see you on stage dancing your heart out. Come on you'll love it."

"Well yeah I can dance but I can't DANCE. I don't know how to slow dance."

"Alright. Then let me teach you." She positioned our bodies to move in sync and I actually did it! I was slow dancing. She moved in closer and rested her head on my chest we were moving slower and finally we stopped. looking off into the beautiful sunset and listening to the creek move water along.

"You know right now, with you, it's finally starting to feel like a fairy tail. And I'm really glad you came back."

"It's always been my fairy tale Jess. And you know you never really gave me an answer. So is this a yes?"

"In every single language of course it's a yes."

"I'm glad. Hey Jess?"

"Mhm?" She lightly hummed against my chest and smiled up at me.