Chapter One: Taken

Agatha tumbled around in the darkness, trying to get away. She grunted loudly causing Sophie to hit her with the back of her hand.

"Shut up." She hissed, glaring at Agatha, although he friend couldn't see her.

Agatha rubbed her hand, scowling at Sophie. How could her best friend want this? How could anyone want this? To be taken away and then separated at a school for fairy tale characters sounded horrible. At least it did to Agatha, a girl who would surely have trouble making friends there as she did at home.

So Agatha struggled in the bag, trying to escape.

Agatha looked over at Sophie, trying to see her through the darkness, but she couldn't. And so she went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next thing Agatha knew, she had been dropped in disgustingly slimy water. Where was she? And why was this water so dirty? And- where was Sophie?

A weasly looking boy following her as she swam to the edge of the water.

"Who are you?" He asked.

Agatha scowled at him hoping he'd go away but he didn't. "Agatha." She said dimly. She didn't want new friends. She had hardly even wanted to make friends with Sophie.

"I'm Hort!" The boy said, moving ever closer to her. Agatha tried to swim away but she had never gone swimming before and wasn't very good at it.

Hort got right next to Agatha. "Do you want to be friends?" He asked her, wide eyed.

Agatha scowled and managed to swim to the shore, getting out of the water and following a group of other kids dressed in dark blacks greens and purples.

Hort got out of the water and chased after her. "Agatha wait up!" He called after her, but she kept walking, ignoring him.